New JW Podcast Show - Amazing Interview with Irwin Zalkin!

by God_Delusion 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Splash - "My prediction as to how the WT will adjust their teachings in response to the mounting cases they are having to defend. 1. New instructions to report all allegations of abuse to the authorities... 2. Maintain the 2 witness rule for all internal procedures... 3. If someone is convicted as a result of 1. then df them as well... This is how to have your cake and eat it."

Trouble is, that makes it look like they're capitulating to their opponents, and at this point, they'd rather gargle with broken glass than do that.

Not to mention that if #1 leads to a conviction, but doesn't meet the WTS's narrow interpretation of the two-witness rule, the perpetrator is not DFed, but the crime becomes public knowledge, and the local R&F are left asking, "why is he convicted but not disfellowshipped?"

It's not much of a stretch to go from that point to, "how many other child molestors are in 'God's organization' that we don't know about?" (after all, the GB's already stoked enough paranoia about "secret apostates", so they're kinda primed for it). Or worse, "how can it be 'God's Organization' if pedophiles are running rampant in it?"

From there, it's just another short step to packing up one's family and walking out of the KH for good.

Every authoritarian religion fears a mass exodus (even ones that may not actually be at risk).

• Splash
    Splash

It won't look like they're capitulating to anyone, because only the elders will know of the new rules.

My point 3 said that if anyone is found guilty in court then they WOULD be df'd as well. Easily done, you can be df'd for anything they want. Brazen conduct?

They would sell it as a demonstration of how they abhor child abuse, yada yada, and the R&F would have an answer for any opposer's.

Add a police check prior to any potential appointments, and the legal and moral sides are solved, and the biblical 2 witness rule stays intact.

Splash

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Only the Elders will know?? LOL!!! Not if I hear about it!!

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Splash - "My point 3 said that if anyone is found guilty in court then they WOULD be df'd as well."

Not neccessarily.

There's been plenty of stories told here about court convictions that had no subsequent disfellowshipping, specifically because of the two-witness rule.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit