Meeting for not paying assembly fees???!!!!

by Kool Jo 55 Replies latest jw friends

• KateWild
    KateWild

The CO is probably getting a little uptight about money because he has been told from Bethel to retrieve all expected funds. Bethel are having to pay for all these child abuse lawsuits, it clearly explains why the CO is being blunt with the cong elders.

Does your dad know about the lawsuits and settlements?

Kate xx

• designs
    designs

Intimidation by mental or physical means. There also was the nasty business of Jesus using a whip on people he didn't like, John 2....sends out a pretty strong message.

• Divergent
    Divergent

I think we are on different lines of thought. My point is - can you FORCE someone to put money into a contribution box?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

When I served as accounts servant I witnessed a few occurances when a wealthy servant or elder, including myself would make a donation to cover part of the "monthly deficit". In my case that ended when the elders decided to send any surplus to the WT instead of building a reserve to cover for the months when donations were low. I guess the same thing happens for assembly halls.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Martin Roll the CEO of Venture Capital wrote this in 2004 about corporate branding (think jw.org), "Today, there is a general requirement for high level of investments to maintain efficient production capabilities and scale in many industries..."

As the WTB&T$ is nothing more than a publishing corporation/industry I would believe that a very large percentage of the money being confiscated in the name of "voluntary" donations is being funneled into the corporate re-branding of the WT. Mr. Roll also wrote a very informative article titled Part II: Ten Steps for Successful Corporate Branding. WTB&T$$ is following it pretty much to a "T".

• oppostate
    oppostate

10 Steps For Successful Corporate Branding

For any company, branding is critically important it reflects and shapes relationships with its stakeholders customers, media, investors. Branding could mean the difference between success and failure. Just found an interesting article from author of author of Asian Brand Strategy: How Asia Builds Strong Brands,Martin Roll presenting 10 crucial steps for succesful corporate branding strategy:

1. THE CEO NEEDS TO LEAD THE BRAND STRATEGY WORK
    The board room is the starting point of a corporate branding strategy with the CEO backed by a strong brand management team of senior contributors.
    2. BUILD YOUR OWN MODEL
    As not every model suits all, even the best and most comprehensive branding models have to be tailored to meet business’s own set of values.
    3. INVOLVE YOUR STAKEHOLDERS
    This way you can obtain a fair picture of the current business landscape including the current brand image, positioning and any critical paths ahead. Value the voices of your customers, employees and other stakeholders.
    4. ADVANCE THE CORPORATE VISION
    The corporate branding strategy allows management to involve, educate and align everyone around the corporate objectives, values and future pathway.
    5. EXPLOIT NEW TECHNOLOGY
    Modern technology should play a part in a successful corporate branding strategy. Technology contributes to improving effectiveness and improving the competitive edge of the corporation.
    6. EMPOWER PEOPLE TO BECOME BRAND AMBASSADORS
    The most effective way to turn employees into brand ambassadors is to train everyone adequately in the corporate brand strategy (vision, values and personality etc.) making sure they fully understand and believe! what exactly the corporation aims to be in the minds of its customers and stakeholders.
    7. CREATE THE RIGHT DELIVERY SYSTEM
    The corporate brand is the face of the business strategy and basically it promises what all stakeholders should expect from the corporation. Therefore, the delivery of the right products and services should be carefully scrutinized and evaluated on performance before any corporation starts a corporate branding project.
    8. COMMUNICATE!
    To bring the corporate brand to life one needs to implement a range of well-planned, well-executed marketing activities, ensuring the overall messages are consistent, clear and relevant to the target audiences.
    9. MEASURE THE BRAND PERFORMANCE
    The brand equity consists of various individually tailor-made key performance indicators (including the financial brand value) needs to be tracked regularly. A brand score card can help facilitate an overview of the brand equity and which gauge progress as the strategy is implemented.
    10. ADJUST RELENTLESSLY AND BE READY TO RAISE YOUR OWN BAR ALL THE TIMES
    A corporate brand should stay relevant, differentiated and consistent throughout time, so it is crucial to adjust to the changing business landscape.

Read the full article: 10 Steps For Successful Corporate Branding

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit