Human kindness

by stillin 13 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

I hold kindness in high regard; it separates us from the drudgery of life and elevates those who practice it as well as those who receive it.

My family has been going through a big crisis for several weeks now and I've noticed a few things. Several of the elders have expressed their concern for us, shared a scripture and then back out to field service or whatever. Some of the local publishers, noticeably very low on the status bar, have bothered to purchase cards, write something, stamp and mail them. Several business people from my work have bothered to text me and say," if there's anything I can do" knowing that there isn't but saying something, nonetheless.

kindness is kindness., and even a rigid, stilted expression is better than none at all. My respects to any and all who give it the effort!

• Mum
    Mum

I'm sorry for whatever you're going through. I'm glad there are supportive people in your life.

• ptt7000
    ptt7000

Dear Stillin, I hope with time everything will feel better and your load of whatever you are going thru will seem lighter. I will pray for you. Take Care

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

I am sorry that your family is going through hard times...I really am so sorry. You know, often we hear '"adversity makes one stronger", or "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I hate those cliches and I hate trouble. I hate for people to have to go through difficulties. We weren't designed to endure tough times. But, we have to...it happens to all of us. Take care of yourself and your family, love each other and know that even adversity doesn't last forever, and things will work out. Accept all the love and concern you are shown, and know that you and yours will be alright.

Anyway, Take Care,

AB

• stillin
    stillin

Thank you all. This, too, shall pass.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Life is mostly froth and bubble, Two things stand like stone, Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Stillin, I'm sorry you are going through a tough time. Isn't it amazing that during these times people reveal whether or not they are your real friends.

• ssn587
    ssn587

There is nothing like tough times to show just who is and isn't your real friends, when my wife passed away several years ago, my daughter I and were the invisible family of two, no one came by after the funeral, no one sent a card, no one ever stopped by to see how we were doing, It was an eye opener for my daugther and thank goodness she seen the light of false love from the congregation. I have never nor will I ever step foot in a Kingdom Hall again, we were there to help others when adversity hit, but like I say when adversity hit us we must have been invisible. Now they are invisible to me, not to say that If I seen somone on the road from that congreagation needing help with a flat tire or some such that I wouldn't lend a hand, I am not like them and thankfully my daughter will never be one of them. Yeah the conditional aspect of witnesses come out pretty fast you realize that it was all a scam and a great pile of horse manure. My eyes had been opened for over 10 years prior to this happening and I just attended to keep my wife company, when she was on the way down she realized just how much horse pucky it really was and that depressed her to no end. Something I had been telling her all along. well this rant is over.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Stillin, sending long distance love and hugs to you at this time, and hoping you find much support.

Ssn, it's good to vent from time to time, helps clear out the negative dregs and free us for forward movement. Very happy that you and your daughter don't have to live with the jdub conditional love anymore. Wishing you all the best.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Who would Jesus favour more?

1. A pioneer who spends hours & hours preaching to strangers while overlooking those in the congregation who are in need

2. A lowly publisher who shows genuine love & concern for those in the congregation & goes out of their way to assist and support them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit