Does The State Have The Right To Quarantine Someone Because They Might Have Ebola?

by minimus 59 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Anyone who willfully goes to treat Ebola patients and come back to the U.S. should well abide by some recommended medical quarantine. Ebola is not very forgiving if a person were to spread it to innocent others. If the recommended quarantine is 21 days, then so be it. I'm sure she knew she could be subject to some type of quarantine period before she took on this Ebola assignment. This is not a flu strain which could be deadly enough. We are talking Ebola here.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Or we are talking creating a scenario where vaccinations are paramount or propelled to make lots of money.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Should the law and police officers arrest American citizens who decline flu shots. More Americans die from the flu than will ever die from Ebola. I remember seeing polio victims. Hospitals were open to treat and isolate tuberculosis patients when I was young. When I first went to Europe, a small pox vaccine was a requirement to enter England. The vaccine was scary. Maybe I did not want to pay tribute to the Beatles, the Inns of Court, and Shakespeare after all. All these issues should have been discussed in the public arena before Ebola hit.

I am a selfish person. There are enough problems in my life without unnecessary ones. According to a respected book on Ebola, scientists expect certain fruit bats located in West Africa because there evolutionary process is so old that it boggled my mind to considered. It is better to have Africa developed but the expansion may have disturbed a previously quiet habitat. The book said that bats account for about 1/5 of all animals. They travel thousands of miles. It is better to fight ISIS and the Taliban in a variety of ways in the Middle East. Fight Ebola at its source. It is in America's national security interest to encourage doctors and scientists to learn about it in Africa.

Is it true that bats are so populous? I don't see them but I am glad I don't see them.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

shes after attention, in no way is staying home for a week or so going to kill her and it would make people rest easy

but here is an interesting take on that,

on cracked.com they have an article entitled 4 types of ebola panic that are secretly racsist.

id paste the link but dont know how to do that on this site.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

She is a well planned plant by the CDC. This is no accident she was selected out of hundreds as a benchmark of litigation. Do some research. CDC investigative officer.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

She is a well planned plant by the CDC.

I was not aware that we were at war with the CDC.

• minimus
    minimus

I think she has the right to be free under the circumstances.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I suppose going for a bike ride somewhat isolates a person from close contact, more so than riding on public trans. etc.

In Portland there is a woman who arrived from W Africa with a temp. and is now in hospital voluntarily. She was not involved in patient care over there.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Does anybody remember the oldTwighlight Zone episode where a world weary man gets his wish to go back to the good old days?

yellow flags at one house red ones at others , warning of various deadly illnesses in the house? Or the ads in Nat Geo from the 30s "Katy can't play today she has a sniffle"

Antibiotics and modern meds have made us far too apathetic about infection. In a few years antibiotics will not work and millions, or even billions will die of simple infections. We are all free citizens like that nurse - but with freedom also comes duty and responsibility.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I remember quarantine signs on houses. It was common in the early to mid-1950s. I wish people would not come to work with colds or flu.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit