Have you investigated Gnostic Christianity?

by Gnostic Bishop 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

MORE scrolls with unknown authors and sources?.......... Bad idea.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Have you investigated Gnostic Christianity?

Gno I haven't

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

Are you in contact with the Mandaean refugees of Iraq? Preserving the only unbroken ancient community of Gnostics must be of importance to Gnostics today.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

As a former JW, the idea that Chaos and evil was created by an evil god, known as the OT Yahweh, was intriquing to me and it explains a lot of things that I was so conflicted about. I don't think anyone can take Gnosticism literally, and there is a lot of mythology mixed up with it, but in my opinion, there is always some truth in myths and stories handed down by the ancients. I think we all have the capacity for inner knowing and good within, and I don't believe at all that humanity should be reliant on sacrificial death. There is good and evil in the world. There is light and darkness, there is order and chaos, there is matter and antimatter, there is so much we don't know. I do believe we all have the God spark within us that leaves when our bodies give out and die. But that's the only thing I feel is what Christ knew and taught. Maybe this is the only thing we need to do, to love one another as Christ taught. Not to worship him or a god who demands worship, but just to know that within us all is a light that we can use to stay connected to the the Christ Consciousness which is the opposite of Chaos and evil and darkness.

Shana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit