GET READY TO MEET YOUR GOD!

by You Know 46 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• You Know
    You Know

“Get ready to meet your God O Israel,” is no doubt a meaningless phrase to those who have no fear of God. Those who in their presumptuousness imagine that there will not be a day when Jehovah settles accounts with his people can only be described as faithless and apostate. But, for those who fear God the prospect of Jehovah’s impending judgment both fills one with dread and awe.

There have only been a few periods in history when Jehovah God initiated his judgments. So, it is a rare and special thing when the great God Jehovah intervenes in human affairs to set matters straight. As regards the difficulties within the Watchtower Society, a fact that should not be lost in the avalanche of accusations is that Jehovah holds the leaders of his people especially accountable. As Christ said in connection with his faithful slave: The one whom people put in charge of much, they will demand more than usual of him.

In the case of Israel, Jehovah allowed the nation to become extremely corrupt before he finally took decisive action in allowing the Babylonian armies to destroy Judah. And then, after approximately 1500 years into the Jewish system of things, Jehovah issued his final judgment through Christ, which completely dissolved Jehovah’s relationship with the Jews. At that point Jesus instituted a new nation founded upon the 12 apostles. Since that time an interval of nearly 2,000 years has lapsed during which time Jehovah has allowed things to develop before he issues his final edict upon the organization that Christ established.

During the last century, approximately, Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Watchtower Society have been instrumental in reviving the issues related to the worship of Jehovah God and the genuine Christian faith; this in preparation for the arrival of Christ and Jehovah’s final judgment upon spiritual Israel and ultimately the entire system of things. One of the crucial issues has to do with the Devil’s accusation that God’s faithful ones only worship him out of self-interest and that they will defect if enough pressure is brought to bear against them. So, Jehovah has allowed Satan considerable leeway in bringing various problems both upon the organization and the individuals within it, with the most difficult tests manifestly laying directly ahead.

Keeping in mind that in order to satisfy the Tempter Jehovah allowed Satan to thoroughly crush his beloved Son, who wasn’t at all deserving of such punishment, it should, then, not come as a surprise that Jehovah has foretold the meting out of an excruciatingly painful rebuke upon his people who have generally made a mess of things and brought reproach upon God’s name. So, the way it’s set up to go down, only those who know and trust Jehovah can weather his stern rebuke and survive with their faith intact. At some point each individual will have to demonstrate that they are not following men. That’s why Jehovah implores his people with words like these, which seem particularly relevant going forward:

For this is what Jehovah has said to the house of Israel, ‘Search for me, and keep living. And do not search for Bethel, and to Gilgal you must not come, and to Beersheba you must not pass over; because Gilgal itself will without fail go into exile; and as regards Bethel, it will become something uncanny. Search for Jehovah and keep living, that he may not become operative just like fire…O you who are turning justice into wormwood, and the ones who have cast righteousness to the earth itself.’

In view of the ongoing apostasy among Jehovah’s Witnesses, and the publicizing of corruption within Jehovah’s organization, coupled with the ominous developments in the world tending toward nuclear war, the prophet’s chilling admonition: Get ready to meet your God, O Israel seems particularly timely.

/ You Know

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Are you saying Jehovah's organization is corrupt?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    One of the crucial issues has to do with the Devil’s accusation that God’s faithful ones only worship him out of self-interest and that they will defect if enough pressure is brought to bear against them.

This 'great universal issue,' though widely touted by the Watchtower, is not even mentioned in the scriptures. The devil never made such an accusation against mankind in general. He did make the accusation against Job specifically, and the Watchtower has twisted the scriptures so as to attempt to apply it to all humans.

Frankly, it seems to me that you ought to be posting this message on a board for faithful JW's, since it is your contention (if I understand you correctly) that it is the corruption in the organization itself that is bringing God's wrath. Most of us here would agree with you on that point. But we know what happens to those who point out the Watchtower's flaws; just look at Bowen, Anderson and the Pandelos.

Really, if a corrupt organization such as the Watchtower is the best God can find to represent him on earth, is it any wonder that so many good, moral people have seen that corruption and turned aside from it? How can God then judge them adversely under these circumstances, when he is allowing himself to be represented by an organization that clearly lacks the evidence of being used by him? Indeed, the evidence seems quite the contrary - the Watchtower organization is capable of producing more evil than many other groups claiming to serve God.

Tom

"Gentlemen, he said, I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes, I've moved your mountains and marked your cards. But Eden is burning"
    --Bob Dylan
  • You Know
    You Know
    Are you saying Jehovah's organization is corrupt?

Mike, have you ever been arrested by the fashion police while wearing that flourescent shirt? Just curious. / You Know

• Will Power
    Will Power

You know, you are priceless

So, it is a rare and special thing when the great God Jehovah intervenes in human affairs to set matters straight.

We all know what a huge act of courage it is to come forward and fight the good fight, and are eternally grateful. It is rare that some could endure the slander and be ostrasized to publicly stand up for the good that a God should stand for. Thank you Mr. Bowen and to all silent lambs and their protectors. And thank you You Know for bringing this to our attention.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

"“Get ready to meet your God O Israel,” is no doubt a meaningless phrase to those who have no fear of God. Those who in their presumptuousness imagine that there will not be a day when Jehovah settles accounts with his people can only be described as faithless and apostate. But, for those who fear God the prospect of Jehovah’s impending judgment both fills one with dread and awe. "

Hmmm, why would you 'fear' god? I guess you don't have love for Jehovah.. Well, at least not perfect love, anyway...

I would venture to guess that your love of the organization (oops, sorry, Jehovah) is akin to the "love" a slave has for his master... That of "If I do this the way he wants me to, maybe I won't be punished by him".. Ohhh, can't you just 'feel' the "undeserved kindness and love" from Jehovah cry out in that statement?...

Let me know when you start following the bible, and you too will not fear him..

1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and he who fears is not perfected in love.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

Honey,
    I am the fashion police.

• You Know
    You Know
    Let me know when you start following the bible, and you too will look forward to the day of judgement..

As granny said to the bounty hunters in Outlaw Joesy Wales: "That big talk don't mean dooldly squat." Get back to me during the tribulation and we'll see how you are doing. LOL / You Know

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

I will still be fabulous in the tribulation

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Would you please tell me what:

"1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and he who fears is not perfected in love."

means then???

Isn't it true that the "love" you have for all your JW friends is based on conditional acceptance of the organization.. If you were to turn your back on the organization, your friends/family would no longer talk to you (shun you)? (I believe alot of the 'apostates' on this board can verify that treatment)...

So, isn't there a 'fear' that if you do something wrong, you will lose their acceptance? Isn't the same fear present in your 'love' of Jehovah? If you do something wrong, you will lose acceptance by your god?

That doesn't sound very much like "Undeserved kindness" nor does it sound like perfect Love to me.. But, maybe you can shed some light on that scripture for me.. How should I interpret that ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit