How to make the most of wife not going to service meeting?

by FadeToBlack 26 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

What are her interests , not yours ,pander to her , she is the love of your life right ? make it all about her , do things that she wants to do .

smiddy

• scary21
    scary21

Don't know how old you are, but when I was younger I loved to go to the drive-in. A scary B movie and lots of kissing...lol

So I got a few stupid movies like Creature from the black lagoon.....put a blanket on the floor....popped some popcorn and pretended we were at the drive-in, It only lasted about an hour before we .............ended up in the back seat ( pretend ) but it was kind of fun.

I think I will try that again.

Sherry

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Thanks for all the suggestions. She will be out of town next Friday (this Friday is CO visit) so it will be 2 weeks before we begin to see how this plays out. On a serious note, she picked me up from the train station tonight and to be honest, I wasn't sure we were going to make it home. She has no business being on the road after dark! I have heard that there are glasses that we can buy that help with night vision but they are expensive. Anyone have any first hand knowledge about this?

There have been times recently where she missed all meetings for a couple of weeks but the guilt factor kicked in and off she went. That is going to be the biggest challenge in my opinion.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Have you two been checked for cateracts? That can affect night vision.

I find it is helpful when I change the context of our interactions. For instance, going for a walk around the neighbourhood. We will have a different pattern of conversation and new stuff will come up. It's good for us.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes, keep it an enjoyable, refreshing, fun evening. Laugh, etc...

NO talk of witness related stuff at all...just make it naturally pleasant...

The reality of the "compare / contrast" model will shine through as she sees the difference between an evening at the hall full of "youre not doing enough lectures" and "all will die lectures" and "this evil world under satans control lectures"

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Night driving is dangerous. When the Elders pestered my Mother about missing evening meetings I reminded them they "wouldn't want to have bloodguilt" if she hit one of the JW kids in the dark parking lot". Since no elder wanted to drive miles to pick her up at night they never pestered her again. Mom was happy to miss meetings in her pajamas, favorite recliner, Net flix- old movie on the new big screen smart TV, cocktail and popcorn in hand.- much more fun than a meeting.

With a smart TV she can window shop online while you make her popcorn or a drink.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

YOU make dinner (not take-out).

Candle-lit, with wine.

You lead her to the bedroom, and an awesome massage, not just her feet.

You will both make "meeting" night special.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit