Consider the "outcome" when elders apply the two-witness "rule"

by AndersonsInfo 105 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Enzo
    Enzo

hi, everybody, from Europe,

by the information I had from reliable sources, is that the two witnesses rule IS NOT apllied anymore on cases of sexual abuse, But if someone has having a strong opinion about it, I can understand your feelings because sexual abuse has to be condemned always..But we must be always being prudent in presenting information about intern procedures used by ReliGious organisations... it is true that in the past the two witness rule was applied, but this isn't the case anymore... Thus dear Barbara, if you are more informed than me about this issue, please present me the latest BOE letters, that are confirming that the two witness rule is still being applied.. greetings to you all...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ciao Enzo, can you direct us to the BOE letters where the Two Witness Rule is dropped ?

The WT/JW religion has to have it in writing somewhere, or it is still current practice.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Enzo - If they drop the 2 witness rule this is indeed splendid news.

However, we here are rather cautious so if you can provide the evidence rather than a friend of a friend said, from the corporation we can all celebreate.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Just terrible! Stupid pharasee's should get sued.

• Enzo
    Enzo

This change is not new, but for more information call the local branch of the Watch Tower Society, and hear their answer.( like I Did a Time ago)..and you will now the answer.. or ask a CO when he visit your congregation, and ask him about tht two witness rule, and you will hear it...but I repeat if someone of you has recent information that this has changed Again, but I don't thinks so, I will hear it..

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Enzo - Thanks for your response.

Our problem is that what the watchtower representatives say verbally is often pure spin or outright lies. They use this spin to fool the public into believing nothing is 'rotten in the state of Denmark' so to speak. The watchtower has a poor record of telling the truth to the press or in pr to the public.

As Phizzy says, unless it's in writing then it is not true. The last written records we all saw was what this thread is about.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Enzo:

The WT's practice is to pursue 2 tracks, one that follows public statements and one that is the actual internal policy.

No matter what they call the 2 witness idea, they use it as a policy; it has been used as an ill-advised dodge to avoid (short term, obviously) bad press from sexual molesters.

So while they may say over the phone to you that they don't use the policy anymore, that has nothing to do with what they really do.

And you have a quote from an article in 2012, just 2 years ago, that affirms the policy.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Barb:

Who actually said this?

From the article on Christian Post, I don't see attribution to any person, just 'the organization'.

Is it from the attorney?

The article doesn't say.

• Emery
    Emery

Interesting to me...what is what is the MOTIVE ? The Governing Body does not invoke the bulk of the Ancient Laws...why this one? If someone is causing a mere disturbance at the Hall the POLICE are called...the attendants don't draw swords. Sinners are not stoned. Slaves are not sold.

Personally, I don't think there's any real motive behind this. I believe it's a pride thing. As Ray Franz pointed out, the governing body will not let the tail wag the dog. It wasn't THEIR idea to change policy, it was brought forth by apostate activism, not by Jehovah's Holy Spirit. Their egos are so big that they would rather keep it in place than to have apostates force their hand. We're dealing with men here, who really have no competitive outlet in this organization other than to win invisible wars against Satan and apostates. A change in policy would be viewed as a loss in a spiritual battle. IMHO, the governing body is going to keep this policy in place as long as they can afford it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pistoff - "And you have a quote from an article in 2012, just 2 years ago, that affirms the policy."

Yeah; they practically drew a line in the sand with that one.

x

It was one of those little things that reinforced my conclusion that the top dogs really are True Believers...

...after all, if they weren't, they'd be a lot more amenable to cave to pressure from "Satan's World" and straighten up.

Reiterating this (and a few other hard-line policies) suggests that they really are convinced God's got their back, and it's therefore worth the gamble.

Either that, or they're feeling increasing pressure from all sides and have somehow convinced themselves that they can trigger "Gog's attack" on the WTS through sheer obnoxiousness, thus setting the Great Trib in motion, and saving the WTS's collective ass (once again, the reasoning of True Believers)...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit