Jehovah's Witness Elder, Ron Felt suing Jehovah's Witness he disfellowshiped, for "Harassment"- Broadcasting a recording of JW Ron Felt......

by Balaamsass2 25 Replies latest social current

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

http://www.dover-express.co.uk/8203-Ironic-isn-t-says-Jehovah-s-Witness-court/story-23631047-detail/story.html

'Ironic, isn't it?' says Jehovah's Witness in court for harassing another Jehovah's Witness

By Dover Express | Posted: October 27, 2014

By Jamie Rose EXCLUSIVE [email protected]

ISN'T IT IRONIC: Derek O'Hare outside court

ISN'T IT IRONIC: Derek O'Hare outside court

Comments (0)

A JEHOVAH'S Witness has appeared in court – charged with harassing another Jehovah's Witness.

Derek O'Hare, of St David's Avenue, Aycliffe, is accused of using "abusive language and behaviour" towards elder Ron Felt in Market Square on July 22.

O'Hare, 57, was expelled from the Dover Kingdom Hall, based in North Military Road, earlier this year.

Following his expulsion he went to Dover town centre, where Mr Felt and his wife were handing out literature, and set up a loud-speaker system which blared out recordings of conversations in which O'Hare makes allegations about the congregation.

Speaking at Folkestone Magistrates Court, prosecutor Rachael Laughland said: "The victim and his wife were in Market Square and in their position as Jehovah's Witnesses they had put out literature on a stand.

"They were approached by the defendant who set up a loud-speaker system and started to play a tape recording. They moved away to another part of Market Square and were followed by the defendant who continued with what he was doing.

"They moved back to the original place and the defendant continued shouting verbal abuse at the victim and his wife. There were clearly members of public present."

O'Hare accepts playing the recordings in public but denies using abusive language and behaviour.

Pleading not guilty to "harassment without violence", he told the court: "I don't accept that what I did would cause alarm or distress.

"I walked down the high street and outside Marks & Spencer they were putting up scaffolding and blasting out rap music.

"I thought if they are not breaking the law, then what can Mr Felt complain about if I'm simply playing him a recording of his own voice?"

Pointing to three people in the public gallery, O'Hare added: "This is a big conspiracy from the whole Jehovah's Witnesses group. They are here today to make sure they report back what's gone on."

A trial has been set for February 16 at Margate Magistrates' Court. Speaking outside court, O'Hare told the Express: "Quite ironic, isn't it? A Jehovah's Witness is taking another Jehovah's Witness to court for harassment, when they spend most of their time harassing other people."

• talesin
    talesin

Here's what I'm wondering, BA. O'Hare was 'recently expelled', and the tape recordings he was playing were of Felt's 'own voice'.

I wonder if he recorded his JC, and was playing it? Or maybe just a talk in which Felt was speaking of the Satanic "worldlies" who will all be destroyed at Harm-Aggeddon, perhaps even from a convention talk ..

Indeed, Imagine that, a JW feeling harrassed. Oh, the irony!

tal

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Whatever O'Hare's grievance is, he behaved poorly. I'm not saying I don't understand his frustration or that I don't have sympathy for the guy but this was . . . childish. On the other hand, if Elder Felt was being a hypocritical dick then this may well show him up in his own backyard so maybe he deserves it.

Yep - I'm conflicted . .

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, me too, Nicolau. He also may have been breaking a town/city ordinance by using a PA system (it's not legal here to use one in the streets in my city). That's why I wondered if it was a JC - he must have been hella angry and driven past his last nerve to have done that. Poor sod.

tal

• mana11
    mana11

I say good on him, Just what JW's Need in your face counter preaching efforts.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

My Uncles proudly related how they drove sound cars around blasting the rantings of Judge Rutherford. An excellent defence would be to tell the Judge such a thing is traditional religious practice with Jehovah's Witnesses!! lol

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hmmmmm. I wonder if Mr Felt will get a roasting from the CO for this? Or is Mr Felt the bigger bully?

I FELT like saying that.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

If he wasn't breaking any laws, then good for him! These elders behave as they do because the congregation puts up with it. Very amusing how quickly the elder ran to court over this. Like handing out pamphlets at grave yards or even emergency rooms isn't harrassment. These people. Smh

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't think we know enough to judge the actual events/words etc from this brief report.

I just think that it is so good to see that no more are folks willing to be stomped on by this "religion", and quietly disappear with their tails between their legs, they are fighting back, all this is not good publicity for the JW's and theur "shunning" etc.

Derek O'Hare has courage.

I look forward to the February case.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Does this mean that Mr Felt will sue the next person who slams their door in his face when he calls on a Saturday morning also?

I'm pleased for Mr O'Hare, he is free from a cult and he obviously needed to do something to announce his joy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit