Rutherford's last book "Children" 1941- Advice DONT HAVE KIDS...Where it all started!

by Witness 007 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think its worthy to point out that in the bible Jesus supposedly stated to his followers that they should leave their families

and preach the good news of the Kingdom.

So from there Rutherford possibly made a connection for his JWs followers to not get married or have children

since mankind was living in the last days anyways.

This guy pulled all the angles he could to manipulate and exploit people.

• steve2
    steve2

My mother received her copy of the book Children (not handed out by da Juge though) at age 10. She died still a loyal Witness in her 80s just under 3 years ago. Oh...she also had the good sense in the "months" before the end to marry and have children.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Splash: Great quotes. Much appreciated.

• dozy
    dozy

Raymond Franz discusses this in his book - many JWs stayed single "for the sake of the kingdom" in those days.

Knorr continued the policy , banning Bethelites from getting married until he himself wanted to get married in the late 50's. Then rather abruptly the policy was changed. Fred Franz , of course , often referred to the the "Oracle of the Society" , never married & doubtless was behind many of the Watchtower comments.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A lot of sad unfulfilled people, who would have made good parents, and would have enjoyed life far more, listened to that tripe.

I have relative who fits that description, he is still single and now nearing the end of his life, having been in full-time JW unpaid work for over forty years, and I detect his sadness, and his loneliness.

All so unnecessary, based on lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit