Not on JW.org: SIX Texas victims acuse Jehovah's Witness Elder & Circuit Overseer of sexual abuse, and bring lawsuit against Watchtower for cover-up.

by Balaamsass2 70 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Zordino
    Zordino

Hairtrigger, I totaly agree with that.

• bobld
    bobld

What a sick Org.hides pedophiles(Vatican tried didn't work).Shrouded in secrecy at every level.Is their conscience so seared1 Tim 4:2) that they have no sense of moral right or wrong.To be so cruel and heartless knowing a pedophile is in their mist that they will disfellowship him.However,they will not let the community at large know that there is a pedophile in the area.Only to have that person abuse a helpless child.(sick)

Shoud they not be charged with accessory after the fact/knowledge of a felony.etc.

W/O justice,how is a wronged man-a wounded man-to hea? Hopeful superlawyers who built a cottage industry representing abuse victims in the R.C. will do the same for abuse victims in the J.W. church.

• integ
    integ

Even hard core witnesses will have a problem with this as long as the evidence is irrefutable. If there's any room for doubt they will side with the society 100% of the time.

• smiddy
    smiddy

While its understandable that victims take settlements with gag orders to get it out of the way sooner and not drag it on for years , it is a pity because it then becomes hidden from public scrutiny , in effect swept under the carpet , and they just keep plodding along with no change or accountability .

In other words they get away with it with a slap on the wrist, and nothing changes , and the cycle goes on.

However more and more victims who come forward , maybe should talk to lawyers in forming a class action with the resolve of no gag orders to be put in place and to get true justice for your abuse which isnt always about money.

smiddy

• SaritaJ
    SaritaJ

Thanks for posting about the case. It's terrible news, but its great it's out there. I just down-loaded the documents from the legal firm.

• SaritaJ
    SaritaJ

I have now finished reading the legal petition against the WTS et al and I am horrified

The victims are each seekiing a monetory relief of over 1,000,000 in accordance with TEX.R. CIV.P.47(c).

Anyone here keeping a count of how many abuse cases against the WTS there are so far?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Those that have read the papers does it sound like they have proof of a cover up that goes above the local elders???

• Giordano
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Crazyguy they are saying in the Petition that this was known by the Society re the circuit servant,

I'd like to know about that as well....the Society does not hesitate to DF someone unless he confessed and was simply demoted.

They probably have a name but need additional information to nail it down.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Marked. Thank You.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit