Latest stage

by thedog1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy
    smiddy

Hopefully with this new video supposedly explaining/demonstating to the faithfull , how to explain the 1914 doctrine to non witnesses , seems to me that if they cant answer that..... a core doctrine for over a hundred years , then they definetely have serious problems .

Maybe / hopefully more and more people are questioning the relevance of the 1914 doctrine ,maybe even questioning what has the Kingdom under Jesus Christ these past 100 years actually accomplished that some other religion could also say , you havent done any better than us ? so why are you saying you have the truth exclusively .?

smiddy

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

I know how you feel, my life mirrors your's in many ways.

Just had a longtime Elder friend stay with us for 4 days and finally had a Spiritual talk about things and changes over the years. I mentioned one thing that bothered me was the statements about the GT could begin at any moment and even how the "Awake" magazine on the inside cover stated that it would come before those "that saw the events of 1914 pass away". He said he "never read that". I had no bound volumes to back up my statement. Then yesterday, I went to the Hall and someone turned in some old bound volumes to be given out. The 1994 Awake volume had the statement. I took a picture of it, sent it to him, now waiting for a reply.

• thedog1
    thedog1

Strange if he is a longtime Elder and he doesn't remember the Awake stating what you said. It was only when this was removed from the magazine that I thought about it, as I had seen it so many times in the individual issues that it was implanted in my own brain until somebody pointed out that it wasn't there anymore!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit