Will They Continue To Take Your Money After Booting You Out?

by steve2 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

AUTOMATIC BANK PAYMENTS & BEING DISFELLOWSHIPPED

As noted on this site, the organization has in place numerous electronic provisions for people to donate money, ranging from one-off payments through to monthly automatic payments from donors' bank accounts into the organization's.

This is all well and good - and consistent with what lots of organizations - religious or otherwise - do.

But, should a donor be disfellowshipped - or disassociated - is the pre-selected donation provision stopped by the organization itself? Do they have any policy at all on it? Or is a donation a donation even if it comes from known apostates or unrepentant immoral persons (the question of why would apostates or others knowingly continue to donate money is a separate one; suffice to say, some contiune to believe that the organization is God's and "just" needs to be reformed, or they as individuals need to be reformed, etc).

I ask this because the organization speaks very clearly and forcefully about 'keeping the congregation and God's organization clean' yet if even some of the deliberate funding continues to come from disfellowshipped or disassociated parties, the taint of uncleanliness stands out from the organization's point of view. Moreover, it puts the organization spirtually and morally on the same plain as the much maligned churches of Christendom who the organization relentlessly criticizes for continuing to take members' money no matter what they do.

So, has this particular aspect of donations even been considered in the organization's literature?

• sir82
    sir82

What idiot would get disfellowshipped and continue to give them money?

It's never been discussed in the literature, to my knowledge.

Assuming that it were to happen, I'm quite sure the organization would be happy to accept money from any source.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Forget donations from ex-JWs. What about known prostitutes and known drug dealers who visit the kingdom hall? Do you think they will be debarred from donating money? No. Why? Because JWs, like much of organized religion, is very hypocritical. Sinners are not good enough to speak on the platform or have privileges in the congregation, but their money - even if earned by immoral or illegal means - is always welcomed in the contribution boxes. Such hypocrites!

• St George of England
    St George of England

There was a case here in the UK a few years ago where a brother was disfellowshipped and then subsequently died without changing his will. He had bequeathed all his money, several thousand pounds, to the WTS.

The WTS still accepted the money and when the family of the deceased brother asked for help for the autistic nephew they refused to give a penny!

Money is everything to the WTS.

George

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The best bet for JWs who get kicked out is to send a box of fresh manure to Watchtower headquarters in New York. Enclose a note saying: This represents the value I have received from your Watchtower Organization'.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Forget donations from ex-JWs. What about known prostitutes and known drug dealers who visit the kingdom hall? Do you think they will be debarred from donating money? No.

There is an elder in Parramatta that is very wealthy through trading in stolen goods prior to baptism. His donations are eagerly accepted and he is considered a pillar of the congregation. It is easy for him to push people into full time service when he is worth a fortune and does not have any financial concerns.

• steve2
    steve2

Untold numbers who are disfellowshipped continue to believe it is the truth. The ongoing donations might assuage their guilt over their unrepentent wrongdoing. But would the organization knowingly accept such donations? I suspect, Yes.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Of course the WT will accept donations from DF'd JWs. Especially if the DF'd JW wants to get reinstated and their donations are then evidence that they are repentant. WT will see this as clean money from a wholesome source. They can twist it how they see fit so as to keep all the money.

Kate xx

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

They will keep cashing checks dfed people write!

I have known a few true believers that were dfed, and felt it was justified. They kept right on dropping checks in the box, and the elders involved, said it was proof of repentance, that they were still donating!

Dwain

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I'm sure the org would use the principle of exodus where the Isrealites took all the valuable gold donated to them by the Egyptians.

exodus 12:35,36

35 The Israelites did what Moses had told them and asked the Egyptians for articles of silver and of gold as well as clothing.

36 Jehovah gave the people favor in the eyes of the Egyptians, so that they gave them what they asked for, and they plundered the Egyptians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit