Glory of CREATOR is that

by exWTslave 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Glory of Creator is that He has given us life and life-support systems to enjoy the life to the full. Yet He does’nt want any glory for that nor thanks from us—hence HE REMAINS AWAY. That means His life (or style of functioning) itself is the message (making all communication—oral or written unnecessary). Both atheists and theists alike make capital out of this style of God’s functioning--atheists declaring there is no God, and theists saying all sorts of non-sense about God!

Now you try the same life-style—make your life your message—doing good for the sake of goodness. Thus put this to the test, as the scientists ALWAYS do!

You will find your life becoming more and more meaningful and enjoyable!

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Now to add to the down-to-earth simple thing mentioned above, let us take something subtle:

For centuries, it was thought that science was opposed to God because it believed in materialistic reducibility. In this view, minds or consciousness, for instance, could be reduced to being a manifestation of the biological working of the brain based on the chemistry of nerve cells that were governed by laws laid down by physics. And physics, of course, could be reduced to matter and its interactions. Nothing missing. But quantum physics has now ushered in this enormous amount of uncertainty in matter that can only be resolved with the interaction of a mind on it.

In other words, if the human mind transcends matter to some extent, could there not exist minds that transcend the physical universe altogether. And might there not even exist an ultimate Mind?

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Who is to say that a so-called 'Universal Mind' would have ANY resemblance to our 'human' minds? There might be entire galactic super-evolved species based on an insect or reptilian mind. Totally unlike our mammalian minds. So IF there is a super-Mind that created or controls the Universe ( or Multiverse ) it may not in any way be the type of entity we can relate to. It could possibly be an unimaginably intelligent computer and maybe we exist within a vast simulated Universe it created. To think that 'our' God is somehow just like us, with similar emotions and motivations, is the height of ethnocentrism. I personally think there is far more to life and the Universe than we currently know. But I don't think the Bible or the churches have the correct answers.

• prologos
    prologos

exslave you sound like a deist.

do good and you will do well.

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

NAVYTOWN

Such details are not my focus. Question is His existence and His style of funcitioning!

Consciousness (or God) can never be studied by a reductionist approach. The ability to reduce everything to simple fundamental laws, does not imply the ability to start from those laws and reconstruct the universe. Consciousness is more an emergent phenomenon wherein, the whole is not merely more, but very different from the sum of its parts.

Cognition presupposes duality, that is, a subject becoming conscious of an object or its own self. Self-awareness, we would presume, mandates a form, a discrete entity. However, consciousness as a state of awareness, an am-ness can exist in the absence of any form, or attribute.

There is no visible difference between two men sitting at a table and having a coffee if one is Self-aware and the other is not. So yes, why would we want to know ourselves? Because we must, because there is no God beyond awareness of God, and no man beyond awareness of man, regardless of choice of belief, if we do not make the effort to add awareness to belief, no one else will and no one else can. No one else can live for us, die for us or awaken for us, and awakening the most essential outcome of Self-awareness is not seen. It sees, and this clarifies the problem. Why, in a material world, should we give value, to invisible goods?

From the ancient Egyptian: "Man, know thyself", to the oft quoted Delphic maxim: "Know thyself", we have been advised for millennia to strive for Self-knowledge and Selfawareness because in the absence of these augmentations, it matters not who we are because we are not. Nor does it matter what will happen after death because we have not lived. And it matters not whether God is or is Self-aware or not or aware of us personally, because there is not enough enlightenment in us to know the difference. Enlightenment, awakening, mindfulness higher states all imply that identity beyond the physical world exists without mass, that such identity has no name, no home, no possessions and no need of life as we know it. For this reason awareness has value and is not given value.

Yes, we do believe in God, through multiple faiths for thousands of years. But for most of us belief is physical and i-centred. We are ego-driven and our opinions fixed in our ego like stones in cement. We are more unaware than aware, less like God and more like man. But we can change!

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

prologos

Nicely put it. Thank you for that!

• Master_Bob
    Master_Bob

exWTslave I think you are trying to say something, nut you must try a little bit harder for your system to have coherence, For example you say

Now you try the same life-style—make your life your message—doing good for the sake of goodness.

What if I choose to make my life my message by doing evil for the sake of evil, because that's what makes my life more meaningful and enjoyable. Wouldn't I still be godlike?

Then you say

the human mind transcends matter to some extent

well it may or it may not. Anyway quantum physics has nothing to do with that question, ok? And your "In other words" is just a way to avoid solid argument (which doesn't exist in this case).

But my favourite is

"Cognition presupposes duality"

Let me show the fallacy of this statement. If the consciousness of one's self required the seperation of the subject and the object, the same would be true about the consciousness of the consciousness of one's self (ie beeing aware of the consciousness of your own self). That type of awareness would require triality. Even worse the awareness of the consciousness of the consciousness of one's self would reqire Quadrality, and so on, till infinity.

New Age type Buddism isn't bud, but when you mess it with real sciense things start to get screwed..

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Master_Bob

You ask: “What if I choose to make my life my message by doing evil for the sake of evil, because that's what makes my life more meaningful and enjoyable. Wouldn't I still be godlike?”

You know very well that you are asking for the sake of asking, and you also know the answer—because the whole world is saturated with experiences of people who have been doing what you ask. What did people call Hitler, Bin Laden …. “godlike?” Doing evil for the sake of doing evil has been tried by the majority, and we all know the results—resistance from all sides, hence has nothing to do with the article I wrote where in I highlighted the example of God doing good for the sake of goodness, and yet keeping Himself away as to seek no glory and gratitude from us. This is what is to be tested—because very few people have understood its benefits.

• prologos
    prologos

exwtslave of course it is wonderfull to be alive, conscious and benefit from existence of the universe and life. but to try to make a mythisim out of it? Yes science has the answers in it's many narrow specialties. Is it the foundation for a niw godless, Deism religion? or should we just do the best life has to offer?

try to be balanced and not dwell into the unknown. but

I understand your need to vent.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

And might there not even exist an ultimate Mind?

You mean God?

Yes, I find it really entertaining when these scientists refer to the ultimate mind as a "singularity".

Too afraid to say the "G" word.

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit