"You never made Jehovah REAL to you"

by Black Man 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

That was a statement from my dyed-in-the-wool JW pioneer mother in trying to analyze why I faded and left the JWs. My answer was to say: "if I have to MAKE something real to me, chances are it WASN'T REAL to begin with."

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That's because she can't blame the truth or Jehovah, if you left it's because you could'nt cut it.

As JWs we were taught to find fault with the one who left rather than examine the reasons why they left.

Ironically the more "real" you get with the truth the more likely you are to wake up.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Yup. I got the same thing from my mother when I told her I would never go back to the JW's.

• bigmac
    bigmac

me too---40 odd years ago-----from my (ex ) wifes batshit crazy mother. she was the perfect example of a fanatical rutherfordite.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

That's because he isn't real. Neither are unicorns or leprachauns.

A real person actually talks back to you when you speak to them (unless you're being shunned). A real person actually does stuff.

We were forced to make friends with an unknown invisible entity that had no interaction in our lives.

This is another cultish example of not being able to blame the cult leaders or their fictional god. The blame is always on the non believer.

I'm sorry you have to face this blather.

• designs
    designs

That was always the easy out when anyone questioned the Wt..

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was told something close to that "Oh you were never a 100% JW", this was said in a sneering way, to show that it was my fault I had left.

I said "Oh, thank you very much !" , as I viewed the comment as in reality a compliment to me, the JW who said it looked really confused by my reply, LOL.

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Hehe Phizzy I like your reply!

Black Man - Me and my husband have been told this by his mum too. Also that we don't have faith or we wouldn't be in our current situation. I dont really understand how that applies to us ..... but some of the things people have said to us can be pretty hurtful and I have a hard time trying to let go of such comments, even though I know it just churned out, bog standard, brain wash crap. At the end of the day we are all a lot better off than those suckers still in JW land as we know the REAL TRUTH.

• galaxie
    galaxie

If you don't make satan ' real 'does that not balance and annul the concept of good and evil being outwith our control

when a person comes to that realisation they are in a position to deal with lifes positives and nagatives within a format of reality not delusion.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

Clever replies!

If one HAS to MAKE something real, then it probably ISN'T real to begin with!

I don't need to MAKE gravity real...it just IS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit