What would make them leave?

by Separation of Powers 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Thanks for your comments, I can see the wisdom and depth of perspective in each. I have read similar threads, but with all the newbies floating around this board, just wanted to know.

I know for myself, it was a perfect storm of tragedy, marginalization, insincerity, and absurd adjustments that were "evidently" the truth all along, which, of course, meant that everything believed prior to that was essentially apostasy to the real "truth." God! what foolishness!

• integ
    integ

Phizzy said: "One fantasy I have is of someone managing to bug/film a good number of GB Meetings, which if posted on the Net would simply show the Scam up for what it is, but that ain't gonna happen".

I could see that happening. This is an org that destroys families and ruins lives and leaves no means for reprisal. I could see a disgruntled, tech savvy bethelite turning on the GB and doing something like this or something similar.

MAJOR scandal is needed. Something the r and f can't just hide themselves under a blanket from. IF something could be exposed...something MAJOR then things could start to go south.

Fear will always keep the thing going and never completely be wiped out, but the org is NOT bullet proof completely.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think many JWs would secretly acknowledge that they have witnessed

or known of the licorice allsorts of personal, social or organizational injustices

that occur regularly in the cong.

But they will tend to turn a blind eye and a deaf ear.....until it happens to them.

• kaik
    kaik

It will vary by country as each nationality has different sensitivity to issues. In Central and Eastern Europe the biggest whine I hear from my relatives are money and donation. All three generations of JWs in my family complain about it. Czechs would not care about sexual scandals or missue of power, but money will be the deal breaker. Second issue would be big change of doctrine, but this is doubtfull. JWs do have access to Bible and can see numerous errors on WT doctrine, but choose not to do so. Even if Jesus would return and with entire legionof angels, JWs would still follow WT .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit