FuGK This Religion- Stop Ruining My Life!!!

by wallievase 37 Replies latest jw friends

• wallievase
    wallievase

Just kidding- It was perfect but we didnt have any big blow ups.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think people in your situation should confront the elders and your wife , and make it quite plain that you will contact the media both TV and the printed page about why your marriage is on the rocks , simply because you no longer want to be a JW and she does .And hammer the fact that the jehovahs witness religion does in fact break up marriages and familys .

Just my 2 cents worth

smiddy

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Very sorry to hear this.

• Raton
    Raton

Sorry to hear...This is something that may happen to me sooner or later. Also, just like you have shown her what the WT says about her actions I have shown my wife things from the WT that she isn't doing. If I am the one to point it out however then it is in one ear and out the other.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hang in there Wallievase. I wish I could give you the magic answer that would solve your problem but I can't. I can't even seem to solve mine. But posting here, sharing and listening have helped me a lot. Hopefully it will help you too.

• flipper
    flipper

WALLIECASE- I'm so sorry that you are going through this with your wife. Your wife is just scared right now out of the FEAR indoctrinated by the JW cult into her. She is having a knee jerk reaction and emotional response. Hopefully you can put aside her fears and tell her that you'll support HER wishes - but for you personally you can't attend because of what you know. If that doesn't work- perhaps marriage counseling would be in order. Not from elders- but from professional marriage counselors. Hang in there- we are here for you

• Auntfancy
    Auntfancy

Hang in there. If you love her I would try to save the marriage by seeing a marriage counselor, they can really help. They fact you don't have children yet sure does make it much better while going through this difficult time.

I may be wrong but it seems like more women will divorce their husbands when they leave the WTBTS than husbands will divorce their wives. I wonder why this is the case.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I realize its hard, but keep your cool. Be the normal one. it will serve you well in dealing with the situation, AND with any possible legal separation proceedings if it gets to that.

DOn't blow up, don't blame the religion out loud (except here), try to keep your head bud. I know its hard.

Do you and your wife get along normally? A good marriage? How did you break it to her?

Maybe we can help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit