How good a commincator are you on this site?

by new hope and happiness 29 Replies latest jw friends

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Me i try my best but my spelling is bad and some times i get missunerstood...any funny exsperiences?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It's the green legs and one squiffy eye that does it.

I dont have the patience to type out long responses very often, so they tend to be short and to the point, and that makes me sound blunt and grumpy. I usually am when the fundie cult drones turn up here spouting their drivel like we havent all heard it 100 times before.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Well that explains your name " witness my fury"

I think i tend to over do kindess to unscrupulous posts. ( just wante'd to brag i can spell unscrupulous)

Well on a seriouse note this is the internet and nobody will miss my presence here " NEW HOPE AND HAPPINESS"....but i look at this site as people in a charity shop ( that is what a free site is) and we are all looking for imperfections in each other ( thats what you do in a charity shop).

But somtimes you walk away with a bargain...i have found found some great bargains of wisdom/ knowledge here. But more important occassionaly some one to respect.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

True dat and very well put. This site has taught me shed fulls of stuff that i didnt even know i didnt know. I would very likely still be a JW drone if it wasnt for this place.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

But somtimes you walk away with a bargain...i have found found some great bargains of wisdom/ knowledge here. But more important occassionaly some one to respect.

No doubt you've been reading my posts

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

It is of no consequence. This is just a venting site of sorts; good points will fall on deaf ears, and reasoning is non existent.

For the 'intellectuals' in their own minds, the likes of Minimus, Blondie, Terri, etc., this site is a good tool to keep them occupied as they seem to have only time in their hands with nothing better to accomplish.

So, thanks for this outlet!

GC

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

To be honest, when a post is full of spelling mistakes and weird punctuation, I generally don't read it. If the person writing it didn't care about their message, why should I? I spend large amounts of time composing my posts before I consider them fit for others to read. I re-read and re-consider them, move sentences around to flow more logically, and sometimes delete whole paragraphs.

Surely you can do better than "commincator", "missunerstood", and "exsperiences"? It was a short post, so I was able to slog through it, but the thing is, you spelled "unscrupulous" right, so why couldn't you have put more effort into the rest of your post? I'm not trying to antagonize, just genuinely curious.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Apognophos, i am dyslestic.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Anyway i checked out the forum rules and writing in a foreing language is a no go. But bad spellers and dysletica is ok.

Anyway i may not be a great communicator, but why should bad communicators who can't express themselfs feel they need make a hasty retreat?

Hope the above was spelt ok, it was written under slight provocation. ( And that is my problem, not Apognopos kind reply)

I will try harder, and i am sorry for my previouse slovenly spelling.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yeah, people tend to think I'm patronising (that means I think they're stupid).

Nic'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit