To be or not to be Anointed: it's all a bunch of lies and make belief anyways

by goingthruthemotions 26 Replies latest jw friends

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

i always thought that when someone says they are anointed or the anointed....it has and still does conjour up the image of dungeons and dragons. All Fantasy!!!!!!

It's all make belief and BULLS&&t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a joke it is to see all the sheeple feed into it, they drink it up like Gandors staff is leaking kool-aid.

I almost laugh out load when i her a sheeple say...oh he/she is anointed. I am like WTF, really? I want to see proof. Float for me Mr./Mrs. Anointed !!!!!! LOL

Oh no proof needed, just take the person's word for it!!! LOL LOL Just like accepting new Light!!!!!!!!

Really? i have some land on the moon you could buy!

What a JOKE......IT'S A FREAKING CULT!!!!!

GTTM

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Just like everything else in the JW religion, being 'annointed' is all a made-up fairy tale rooted in Magical Thinking. Basically the same applies to Christianity as well. Ultimately, the folks who claim to be 'anointed' are self-important ego-maniacs who think they are somehow above regular JWs. They think they will go to 'heaven' when they die and from there will lord it over the lesser beings on Earth. Too bad it's all total rubbish. The best response when a JW announces that they are 'anointed' is to just start laughing hysterically.

• Comatose
    Comatose

"What a joke" is right!

The best was how I saw certain elders exchanging knowing looks when certain people were mentioned as being of "the anointed". Or elders in a service car group would take it upon themselves to explain the qualities a "true anointed" person displays, thereby implying that the person just being mentioned doesn't seem to fit that mold.

YOU can't ever question anyones status yourself or you will get looked at like the dog who peed in the floor. But, they make all the innuendo's they want.

Once I woke up and realized that as Obuillet says - "Let's review. It's a cult!", I started vigorously supporting even the sketchiest of anointed proclaimers. I shamed a few people who dared to imply that the unstable and recently disfellowshipped and then reinstated 20 year old boy we had all known since he was in diapers, was not anointed. Fun times. "Sister Bratty! Only Jehovah knows who he has called. It is not our place to declare that this young spiritual leader is NOT anointed. We can't know. Only Jehovah knows."

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Awww yes....the anointed Jehovah's Witnesses. That special elete group within the cult that is more bat shit crazy than regular JW's.

You are correct sir. it is all make believe fantacy bullshit. There really is no such thing as an anointed JW.

• prologos
    prologos

These jw anointed are to rule over the cosmos, not just the universe, judge angels, there is a real danger here.

The universe will self-destruct laughing at the prospect. tiny ripples .

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Or elders in a service car group would take it upon themselves to explain the qualities a "true anointed" person displays, thereby implying that the person just being mentioned doesn't seem to fit that mold.

Perhaps the elders noticed that the person did not display these qualities:

Romans 9:25-26

It is as he says also in Ho·se´a: "Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved ‘beloved’; 26  and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness ----- > ‘YOU are not my people,’

Or this one:

Isaiah 66:5

Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame."

[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness ----- > that are excluding YOU by reason of my name

abe

• Gustv Cintrn
    Gustv Cintrn

My whole life in the Org I've seen quite a few mentally messed up, taking up meds that made them hallucinate, which claimed to be of the anointed kind. Yeah right!

I tend to hold suspect anyone that claims heavenly ambitions. It's just not normal, you know.

GC

• Zordino
    Zordino

It's pure hog wash. There's a guy I know who's in his 40's who claims to be of the anointed who is a total crack pot and a bit of a dick.

So Jesus chose him? Yah... OK.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

That is one way of putting it but who really knows one way or another. A lot of people have reaons to be skeptical. Back in the day, young partakers were viewed with skepticism and ostracized. Today those young partakers are old partakers and even gb members. Very mysterious in my opinion but who am I tell them what they know they have inside their pocket. I know what I have inside mine.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

To a Bible believing Christian, the JW who claims to be anointed (Born Again), is a liar.

If such a person had really been Born Again as understood by such believers, they simply could not associate with a "religion" that is so far away from Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit