Noob-lite?

by Darth Fader The Sequel 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

I apologize ahead of time because this post is by no means a well thought out question that I expect any sort of deep conversation about. But, I just have to blurt this out because I am so moved and getting angrier by the day.

The entire concept of "new light" (aka- "noob-lite") is so PREPOSTEROUS to me that I just about lose my mind when the GB audaciously roll this crap out without any admission of being wrong, being wrong for saying they are never wrong, having sent millions of people out to preach stuff they got wrong, or ever addressing that they could be wrong again in the future.

Possibly what is even more frustrating and confounding is how many rank and file Jdubs eat this "noob-lite" up as if it is manna from heaven. Never questioning the premise of a bunch of old dudes making shizz up as they go along, always re-writing history.

I am repulsed by this.

Thanks.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

You and me both. Just think of all the changes since 2010. Can anyone make a list of them? Wifey and I were trying but couldnt remember.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

I have intentionally stopped keeping track of the noob-lite. I do not even want to know anymore. It is just as riveting as reading the magazines they sell at the grocery store check out that discuss the story lines of the soap operas. Made up shizz talking about more made up shizz.

• hoser
    hoser

It's good f#%^ up insurance. Instead of having to say we f#%^ed up when we got it totally wrong and sorry we f#%^ed up your life for the last 30 of so years they can pull some scripture in proverbs out, totally use it out of context, call it noo lite and totally f%#} up another generation of kids.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

In a way, I think "new light" triggers the same part of the brain in true believers that is triggered for gamers who get an Achievement on an Xbox or Steam game. It's like, "Wow, I made a little progress! Good for me!" It gives a constant feeling of incremental improvement. When a speaker at a convention is relating something new to the audience ("The toes mean nothing!"), a little 'ding' should sound and a message appear, "New Light Unlocked: -THE TOES MEAN NOTHING-".

• Perry
    Perry

Sooner or later new light will be forced on everyone; resistence is futile.

• Splash
    Splash

If you want a list of changes straight from the horses mouth, look here

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200277174

Splash

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes!

The scripture used in proverbs about light getting brighter is used completely out of context!

It has nothing to do with teachings!

I challenge anyone to read the chapter in full and say otherwise....

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

Splash

Thank you for that link, I could note 143 changes! Wow! That means wrong food at the wrong time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit