They Persecuted Me

by non_trias_theos 43 Replies latest jw friends

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

Jesus Christ said these telling words. And he supplemented them by also saying that his followers would be persecuted as he was persecuted. Jesus's disciples were persecuted in the first century by a bitter wave of Roman persecution. They were also probably maligned and had false rumors spread about them too. Cases of immorality in the congregation were no doubt blown out of proportion too. A man in Corinth was allowed to live with and have sex with his father's wife for a period of time. What reproach he brought upon Jehovah's name. Paul took care of things dough.

Some christians were also accused of sleeping with their sisters or brothers. These rumors were false, however, and Christianity continued to "rise."

So today. People may persecute jws and make up stories about them or exaggerate shameful acts that do occur in jw camp. But we expect this kinda treatment. We will rise in spite of it.

"[We] rise, [we] rise, [we] rise."

• Matty
    Matty

Of course we do. We thrive on persecution. If people are being too nice to us, then perhaps we should look at ourselves and think, “Are we being too worldly?”

• Englishman
    Englishman

Matty,

Absolutely. If Dubs wern't unpopular, why, who knows what might happen. They might make friends or even start to show normal tendencies, you know, like giving their children a normal life.

MMmmmmmm, just love that smell of martyrs burning!

Englishman.

• Will Power
    Will Power
    They were also probably maligned and had false rumors spread about them too.

Why don't you go to the public library and do some research on why so many of Christ's witnesses were persecuted? Then instead of guessing why & using this guess to back up despicable behavior, you wouldn't embarrass yourself.

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Ah yes but when the JW's continue to spread false words about other religions, it's not that the JW's are persecuting them, it's that Jehovah has brought favor on the organization, and exposed the wrong doing of the others (accuracy, false allegations etc) not withstanding..

Ohhh how Jehovah hates it when there are uneven scales...

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

$$$Absolutely. If Dubs wern't unpopular, why, who knows what might happen.$$$

Non knows what would happen. Jesus said, woe whenever all men think well of you. Check yourself if you are popular in this world.

$$$They might make friends or even start to show normal tendencies, you know, like giving their children a normal life.$$$

Who wants to make friends with those who hate Jehovah? And who are you to say what is normal or abnormal? Living in this world ain't normal. A child cannot have a really normal life today. Or do you call normal sleeping with girlies and getting drunk on suds?

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

What false words have jw spread about others? Be specific.

• mouthy
    mouthy

non_trias_theos--you ask what false words are spread by jws?
    1...They taught me ( when I was one for over 20 yrs) that the United Nations was evil----( then I found out they backed it up for 10 yrs.
    2.They told me the Pyramids was the next sacred thing to the bible.
    ( then they found out it wasnt)
    3.they told me Jesus did not have a beard-then they said he did)
    4... they told me that Sodom & Gomorrah was not to be resurrected- then they were,then they werent-then they were.etc:
    5..they said it was right not to have children...now they should.
    ( no vasectomies)
    6..they used to celebrate Christmas, its a no-no now-
    7 they used to celebrate birthdays..its a no-no now.
    I could go on & on. But you asked for some- If you want to e-mail me I will give you the Wtowers they printed this in.
    & another thing they used to teach the blacks would turn white-
    they had Miracle wheat...( which turned out to be a lie....
    I relize your a faithful witness of the Organization. But listen to scripture....Follow NO Man at all.
    & do read your Bible with out the aid of the Watchtower......

• Robdar
    Robdar

Jehovah's Witnesses do everything within their powers to stir up their own persecution. Then when it happens, they say "see, we told you so....we truly are God's chosen people". It's a case of self-fulfilled prophecy.

Look at how Non keeps coming to this site, stirring it up, challenging us. Then when we meet his challenge, he accuses us of being evil doers and persecuting him. All the while his dillusions of granduer about being God's own chosen one get bigger and bigger.

But he is right. The publishing house of the WTBTS won't be hurt too badly. Its membership will continue to grow...All the pedophiles will be calling and asking for a Bible study. Wonder how long until they are baptized and going door to door?

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

$$$1...They taught me ( when I was one for over 20 yrs) that the United Nations was evil----( then I found out they backed it up for 10 yrs.$$$

The jw spoke truth. The un is satan's invention. Jw do not back un.

$$$2.They told me the Pyramids was the next sacred thing to the bible.
    ( then they found out it wasnt)$$$

You sure you are talking about jw? It sounds like you were studying with the bible students.

$$$3.they told me Jesus did not have a beard-then they said he did)$$$

Did you ever peek in the live forever book or other publications? I think you will see Jesus with a beard. He probably did have a beard. The bible does not really say.

$$$4... they told me that Sodom & Gomorrah was not to be resurrected- then they were,then they werent-then they were.etc:$$$

That is just called tacking. Have you not heard of Hegel's dialectic?

$$$5..they said it was right not to have children...now they should.
    ( no vasectomies)$$$

Do you want a vasectomy? Where do they say you cannot get one? Yo, it is your life. Get all the vasecs you want.

$$$6..they used to celebrate Christmas, its a no-no now-$$$

You going back to the olden days. Have you not heard of humans making progress in knowledge? Kinda like medicine and science does?

$$$7 they used to celebrate birthdays..its a no-no now.$$$

Give me a break. What does any of your comments have to do with jw spreading lies about others?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit