I left the troof behind in 2006. What have I missed?

by Jehovah lol 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

....... if your going to be a JWS now never get caught wearing Yoga pants, particularly out doors this relates to woman and if your a guy never get caught wearing tight pants.

If your a guy and want to be Disfellowshipped all you have to do is show up at your Kingdom Hall Sunday morning wearing a shirt and tie and a tight pair of Speedo swimming suit as bottoms, you'll be quickly taken to the back room and instantly DFed.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

I don't know how I am ever going to come out of the closet and reveal to the brothers I wear spandex at my local disco on Friday nights

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Congrats!

What is the reason for driving forward while looking in the rear view mirror?

May you have a nice life while continuing to forget your JW past.

SL

• Jehovah lol
    Jehovah lol
    Just curiosity really. I have family who are still in the troof, but I don't want to ask them about it because they'll probably mistake it for 'interest'.
  • steve2
    steve2

There is value in looking back to clarify where you've been and make sense of stuff that may have been difficult and/or painful at that time.

• sir82
    sir82

The internet used to be the tool of the devil, a source of pure evil that only the spiritually weak would even consider using.

Now suddenly it is a gift directly from Jehovah, second in importance only to Christ's ransom sacrifice.

• fleshyheadedmutant
    fleshyheadedmutant
    I have been out the same length of time. I missed the thing about no district overseers. So no one visits the Kingdom Halls and gives talks and goes over the records, etc?
  • millie210
    millie210
    fleshyheadedmutant5 minutes agoI have been out the same length of time. I missed the thing about no district overseers. So no one visits the Kingdom Halls and gives talks and goes over the records, etc?

Well there are still Circuit Overseers just not District.

Did anyone mention that now the C.O.s appoint elders instead of headquarters doing it?

If that was mentioned I apologize.

• Ding
    Ding

In addition to using literature carts, the WT now has a video of a song being sung from the cart's point of view.

Really!

You can see the video at tv.jw.org.

• rebel8
    rebel8

wts posted a picture of an Armageddon countdown card on its website near the anniversary of the end-of-the-world prediction not coming true in October 1914.

They launched a televangelism feature on their website and ask for $.

They have cartoon characters to brainwash kids.

They lost an enormous lawsuit for hiding sex abuse of kids (not paid yet).

They use tablets in field service.

There is no book study meeting.

They have sign language videos on their website and one of them shows masturbation to orgasm (female and male) graphically. It made international news. There are other, equally ridiculous videos as well.

They're selling the Crooklyn property and moving upstate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit