Reddit Has Done a Great Job Lately at Exposing the Watchtower to Millions

by Emery 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Emery
    Emery

1.5 months ago there was a perfectly timed Reddit topic about JW false prophecies that made it on to the front page of Reddit. This certainly didn't bold so well for their historic campaign. The front-page of Reddit had over 135 million unique visitors last month. The TIL (Today I Learned) subreddit alone, where it was originally posted, has 6.6 million subscribers. It was a huge anti-witness when the topic read " TIL Jehovah's Witnesses have falsely predicted the end of the world 20 times."

This week yet another TIL topic came about making it to the front-page again. Millions are viewing and thousands are discussing the 100 year anniversary of 1914, here.

EDIT: Sorry I had the wrong link in there for the second TIL topic.

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

Marked, I love reddit.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Interesting. Not sure what reddit is, I assume it's a social media thing, but it's good to know millions have seen this, and, on those very rare occassions when someone talks to them at the door or elsewhere, they have the information. Some may even look into it further.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Thank you for that link.

I was reading comments and when the "even a broken clock is right twice a day" came up i loved this comment after it

"Which means that JW's are even less accurate than a broken clock. That takes some serious effort."

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Wow, had never seen Reddit before, but scrolling down through the comments, I think more people have a handle on JW craziness that I realized. You think most people just think of them as "that religion that doesnt celebrate Christmas or salute the flag", but its good to see that more people are becoming familiar with how bat sh** crazy they are!

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

That's quite a thread.

Thanks for the post.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"Which means that JWs are even less accurate than a broken clock. That takes some serious effort."

Damn.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Not to mention www.reddit.com/r/exjw now has 4,854 members. New ones join every day.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Thats all fantastic, there are so many ways for ones to find out that the JW are a crazy cult it amazes me that some still join.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Thats all fantastic, there are so many ways for ones to find out that the JW are a crazy cult it amazes me that some still join.

People even join the crazy ISIS group knowing that they will end up with a bullet in the desert sand! 16 year old Europeans joining voluntarily. I know, humans are crazy.

Reddit is great. There is a TV interview making the rounds (Latin America) where 2 **.BORG dudes are being interviewed. They made asses of themselves and the witnesses are sharing this with comments like "what a fabulous witness" WTF? They are being EXPOSED! He asked them a question (mockingly with some dose of sarcasm) and they couldn't answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit