New Appointments Are Very Fast & All On The CO

by baldeagle 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

The week of September 15, 2014 was the congregation’s CO’s visit. The midweek meeting was on Tuesday, a very general bland talk was given by the CO. In the past we would have had the elders & servants meeting on Thursday night, and the other congregation meeting on Friday. As you know the Friday meeting is no more. My wife brought home the schedule for the week and I noticed that the elder’s meeting had been scheduled into that open night, namely Friday instead of the traditional Thursday.

Five days later from the previous Friday’s elders and servants meeting was the regular midweek meeting (I listened on the phone). After some general announcements were read at the start of the Service Mtg. the brother said we have one last announcement. He said this letter is from our Circuit Overseer and it says, “This is to advise the congregation that I have appointed to a Ministerial Servant, Bro. So & So.”

That was it one simple straightforward sentence. It specifically was worded that, “I have appointed to a MS……..” The turnaround time from the CO and elders discussions on recommendations was five days. In the past with the Branch involved, reviewing recommendations, rubber stamping them and sending them back would take 2-3 weeks.

As stated in previous discussions on this subject this was clearly done to remove culpability and accountability from the Branch. The responsibilities of appointments are on the CO’s. This guy has been a CO for nearly 40 years and according to his age will be sent packing soon when he turns 70. Just can’t imagine how these guys and their wives who gave their whole life to an organization, many barely finishing high school are feeling right now!!

Evidently more shocking surprises are ahead for the many sincere, genuine, but sadly, mislead JW’s.

I can’t believe I was ever part of this lame, silly, marginal religion.

• prologos
    prologos

thank you for that stunning detail. but

was that guy's middle name 'TITUS' par chance? for we read

in Titus 1;5 : "--I left you in CRETE (a typical Circuit territory) ---make appointments of older men in City after City as I gave you orders."

wow, no Branch, Governing Body even in sight.

All thats left is the central Bank.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

so the official statement is that?

"I have appointed.."?

wow!!!!!

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

Hold on, the branch office is involved in all of this prior to the CO visiting the Congregation. At least that is what I was told by an elder in my congregation. You see, accordint to him, the elders have to meet 1 month prior to the visit to see who would qualify to be an elder or a MS. They send a form to the branch office making a recommendation of a brother. The branch office looks at the records of that brother. If the branch office is satisfied, it sends the CO the approval. Now when the CO comes to the congregation, he has to see and work with the brother. Now the CO Can make the appointment or not based on his own observations of the brother.

That's the proccess according to this elder.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Hardtobeme you make valid points regarding one month before the visit etc. Here are more details in the actual letter.

2. Appointments during a regular visit to a congregation: At least one month before the circuit overseer’s visit, the Congregation Service Committee should send to the circuit overseer the full name, date of birth, and date of baptism of any brother the body of elders will be recommending for appointment as an elder or a ministerial servant. The Recommendations for Appointment of Elders and Ministerial Servants (S-62) form should be used for this purpose.—See paragraph 14.

3. No earlier than a day or two before the start of the visit, perhaps when other congregation records are provided, the elders should provide the circuit overseer with background information that will help him have a complete view of the qualifications of the brother(s) being recommended for appointment. Such information would include letters of recommendation (or perhaps letters of introduction) from a previous congregation. During the meeting with the elders later in the week, the circuit overseer will discuss the Scriptural qualifications of each brother recommended. ( ks10 chap. 3 pars. 1-10) If the circuit overseer determines that the brother does not measure up to the Scriptural requirements to a reasonable degree, he will advise the elders accordingly and inform them how they can help the brother to qualify in the future.

It’s true that the CO will try to observe the brother or possibly work with him. Not so easy since dropping one meeting night during the visit. Also most brothers are working during the midweek for service arrangements.

Bottom line the CO determines Yes or No. He is the one that signs off on the WTS form going forward. Therefore his letter was read, “I have appointed…”

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Ahh, plausible deniability at its finest....The CO better hope he has no real assets, he is now on the line for every single thing that can happen with that elder or MS that "he" has appointed. (By Holy Spirit of course)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Separation of Powers - "Ahh, plausible deniability at its finest....The CO better hope he has no real assets, he is now on the line for every single thing that can happen with that elder or MS that 'he' has appointed."

Enforce the Org's policies explicity (or else)...

...but...

...fall on your sword if doing so comes back and tries to bite the Org on the ass.

• sir82
    sir82

Very odd terminology - "I have appointed".

I wonder if it is to protect the WTS from legal liability? If the appointment is 100% from the CO, then there is no direct link between any "misbehaving" elders and the WTS.

Of course I am not an attorney, so take the above with a grain of salt, but to me it sounds plausible.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

This may be more closely to to the Bible's procedure, and it shows that the Soc is willing to lose control if the procedure will lessen the liability, or damage that the wrong procedure could cause. Let's see if they will try and follow Biblical procedure when it comes to understanding the Blood, Disfellowshipping, Pioneer Status symbols ect....

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I wonder if the CO has access to the pedo database maintained by WT. One would hope that there would be at least one flimsy layer of protection for the rank and file and their children.

Otherwise, COs are going to find their asses in court within the next decade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit