my first post! (long read sorry in advance)

by Letts Party 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You sound like a an intelligent compassionate person that loves his wife.

If I can offer some help to your progress in fading away from this organization, I would go quietly and slowly,

don't be confrontational in drawing up notice from elders and nosy JWS.

If someone starts inquiring as to your lack of belief be brief or ( just say none of your business),

JWS are noted for taking someones comments and using it against them to demean and dishonor that individual,

at the same time showing their own spiritual strength and loyalty.

Seen it many times.

In other words tread lightly.

If you haven't notice this web site has an enormous base of information specifically on just about any subject concerning the JW organization.

It has been up and running for 10 years now so you can image the information it has.

Using the search link at the top can be helpful when looking for topics of interest..

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

You could think of yourself as a heretic or a martyr. Both were burned at the stake for their beliefs. We have burned our bridges and realize we can't go back either. Welcome to the group by the way

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here, it makes me so happy to know another person once mentally trapped is thinking freely. Be the best husband you can be, i wish you all the best on your journey. it may be a little bumpy but is so worth it.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Welcome Lets Party! Just last night I shared with my mother that I am glad not to be associated with the Witnesses anymore. With them there is a very thin line between their conditional love and hate. I am not like that. I am an open, liberally-minded person. With me, what you see is what you get. Now I have peace of mind, which I will not exchange for anything.

As you grow in your understanding of TTATT, you will experience being tolerated, to being frowned upon, to being despised, which translates into pure hatred. Let this not come as a surpise, for this is what they are taught, something very far removed from the spirit of true Christianity. Everything of the best with your new path in life.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi.

Keep posting.

''I read 1984 as a high school kid and even prided myself as a fan of this masterpiece. Why did it never occur to me?''

''Believing an organization that claims it is the ONLY path to salvation. Everyone else will be destroyed. That’s what it says in our literature, that’s what we’re supposed to believe! ... In a disturbing way, we have essentially the same message the Westboro Baptist church has.''

I agree.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Welcome Letts Party!

You have the recurrent type of personality of the so called "apostates".

We are very inquisitive and honest to find the facts, wherever they may lead.

As you may know by now every religion (and their dogmas/doctrines) is very illogical. I'm an atheist myself, actually I'm more further than that because I'm a nihilist.

But in an ultimate sense I think religion have some purpose to people who need some moral breaks.

Nature hates wasting and the organized religion would not exist if it have no purpose (even an unknown one in the game of survival).

The reality is we (the conscious/thinking class) are a minority (even in JW.org land or in the real world). The vast majority of thinking people have left JW.org by now because the easy access to online information so you can expect to find just brainless drones inside the Tower. You better not harbor any hope to "preach" TTATT.

Most people (maybe more than 80%) just NEED to be told of what to do and the only system that does such thing (micro management in personal life based on a mystical authority) in free countries is organized religion.

I recommend you first to try to fade away from JW.org, you don't have to confront anyone just try to leave quietly and luckly you will keep some friends from there. You don't have to fight against religion, just fight to keep it in the right place into your life. JW.org is a very bad taste religion but some others have some true artistic value and beauty (like catholicism, buddhism, hinduism, etc..), if your wife needs religion in her life maybe you can consider bring her to a more healthy one.

Greetings from Brazil (international brotherhood. LOL)!!!

• Zoos
    Zoos

we have essentially the same message the Westboro Baptist church has. The only difference is they say it to your face BEFORE they recruit you. We slip it in AFTER...

Nice comparison. At least old Fred and company had the decency to let you know what you were getting into up front.

Enjoyed every word of your post.

Welcome!

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Let's party- Thanks for sharing your story. A lot of us here r in similar situations. I too have shared some of my doubts with my wife and she hasn't turned me in yet. Slow and steady seems to be the best route for me. We have a great marriage and I am going to do everything I can to not allow the Borg to ruin that. I wish you the best on your journey and look forward to reading more of your posts.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Looking back, I thank god for the internet

Me too!

The Internet is swallowing up a river of lies:

Revelation 12:16

But the earth came to the woman’s help, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the river that the dragon disgorged from its mouth.

Millions Now Living Will Never Die

They positively will not die

out of the mouth of the dragon (Revelation Ch16)

abe

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Welcome, Letts Party! Inspired by your name and being in an impish mood, I made this:

"TOTALLY AWESOME I AM!" :-P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit