Article: If God saved an American doctor with Ebola, why did he let 1,200 Africans die?

by AndersonsInfo 30 Replies latest jw friends

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

The hubris is astounding.

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Religion is not compatible with reason or common sense. No matter how much I want to believe in God, the facts clearly show either he doesn't exist or doesn't care at all.

If a human father stood idle while his daughter is being raped & beaten while she pleads to her father for help and intervene. Would he be considered a hero? a loving father? God if he exist, allows his creation to suffer without any intervention at all. Yet many believe in him.

W.H.Conley

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

the facts clearly show either he doesn't exist or doesn't care at all.

Or maybe we are part of some big chess game, played clash of the Titans style. Who knows?

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I saw his interview and he was giving God the credit for saving his life. It has bothered me for years that people will make those claims and yet so many millions of people died from lack of proper nutrition, filthy conditions, no medical care and it goes on and on. Then you have these athletics who praise God and thank them for winning the Olympics or their game but what about the other athletics, are they not loved by God?

it makes no sense when you use logic and look at the whole picture. Such a sad thing to do to others.

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

I made this point to a family member recently who said that Jehovah gives physical protection. I called BS on that and gave them the example of JW'S in the philipines who got killed in their own KH's whilst other survived the typhoon hyian. (I'd just recently watched a brilliant video by Cedars about this and the absurd thought by a GB member that Jehovah had manipulated/protected them from adverse weather that summer for them to complete all their building projects, yet he refused to protect the lives of devout followers)

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

'cognitive dissonance' podcast did a GREAT section on this story. (parental advisory - not for minors, they may swear once or twice) ;-)

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

NAVYTOWN You are absolutely right, and when individual humans realize this, they will use their own brains and thinking ability and reasoning ability to try and solve their own problems like they are supposed to do instead of praying to a non-existent thing and sitting back and letting him do it for you. Then what.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

What I heard was they are worried it will mutate and become air borne. They perdict by this time next year there could be millions infected with Ebola. They are very worried about this. Still Totally ADD

• Terry
    Terry

Religious people are superstitious. If you are superstitious, the world is entirely capricious.

God is willy-nilly.

MAKING EXCUSES for your god only requires minimum imagination and maximum intellectual dishonesty.

The model for the Jehovah God is the husband who beats his wife.

He knocks her about and the next day he is all kisses and jewelry.

The psychology is pretty primitive. You FEAR him . . . because he can be crossed.

You APPEASE him because he can go off at any second.

You are LOYAL to him because . . . (gulp!) he says he loves you.

Bottom line: BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

Make excuses for the tyrannical bastard or you might be next.

• Laika
    Laika

Strange article, I can't work out the connection between the doctor and the JWs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit