Do you pay for air for your tires at your gas station?

by jam 56 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

James:I was thinking about it and it's the same here in Calif.

"there are not that many gas station,mostly 7-11's and

convenience stores." To find a gas station with a mechanic

on duty is rare... lol

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.............................................OUTLAWs MONEY SAVING TIPS!..

................If You Must Pay For Air..........................Bring Jars You Can Fill Up With Excess Air..

...................At The Gas Station.............................................To Use At A Later Date..

......................................................................................................................................... http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• blondie
    blondie

I live in a city that doesn't charge....evidently legally establishing that privilege. But you have to pay for the vacuum.

Air in - free

Air out - pay

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

here in pa it depends on the station, and that fix a flat stuff makes a huge mess in the tire, we would get charged extra for the time it would take to clean it all out of the tire.

i have towing on my insurance, they fix my flat. lol .

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Amazing, I have never heard before that people pay for air. In Australia it free everywhere. I sometimes get air and water for free without even buying petrol.

• trillaz
    trillaz

Jam thanks for sharing

The point is

If you are buying gas at a station and need to use the gas hose you do not pay seperately for gas and the use of that hose. Also included with the gas purchase is air and water. If you need these things during your visit, paying for them would be double paying since you made the gas purchase and have a right to use the other (air and water) hoses. Before your post, I didn't know this was the case.

If you pull up to a station JUST for the air, and it is not a regular free service, then you have to and should pay.

• jam
    jam

trillaz: yes you are right. I had no idea until I heard it on the news.

Since then I have ask, and they switch the pumps on after I got gas, free.....

I check my tires each fill up, to make sure I have correct air pressure

in all four tires, for better mileage and smoother ride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit