Chile and the flag: It's true!! Undeniable evidence!!

by ILoveTTATT 96 Replies latest jw friends

• SpeedRacer
    SpeedRacer

Great seeing you Billy! Seeing this flag waving at the hall really sticks in my craw after all the times I was ridiculed growing up for not saluting the flag or saying the pledge.

Just saying!

Speedracer

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

second that Billy! Good to see you.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Billy the X! So nice to see you again.

LL

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Ok ok I apologize. I just can't help but think how this goes against everything as a witness I was taught. Absolutely 360 degree turn on. That's the pill I'm finding the hardest to swallow. So much so that I thought it was a conspiracy.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Good on yah jw.org for once you have exceeded my expectations. I want to by everyone a beer for my stupid comments.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Mines brewed by Shepherd Neame in Kent and called Bishop's Finger* (known by the locals as "Nun's Delight".) LOL

* There is a particular kind of old fashioned road sign once used in Kent, there are still some examles still in use, called a Bishop's Finger, the beer was named after that kind of sign.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Joe, apology accepted!! ;)

yeah it IS hard to believe, that is why proof was so badly needed!! I was absolutely shocked to see the one with the flag pole!!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Just to put a little perspective on this, while I find it mildly surprising, it doesn't seem fundamentally different from the pledge of allegiance that every school performs in the U.S. each morning. We were taught to stand for the pledge, in order to show respect, but not to put our hand to our heart and say the pledge. The JWs in Chile are choosing to respect the govermental laws, which after all is a command in the New Testament. They are not saluting the flag or making a pledge of allegiance, simply displaying it. Similarly, JWs pay their taxes even though some of that money is used for things that they do not approve of. There's a difference between being politically neutral and being anti-government.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

how great is the INTERNET??? I would never know these truths without it.

They prob worked up some lame rationalization for those locals to keep from paying fines. "No brothers, this doesn't make us hypocrites."

In that new bible they just foisted, do Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego bow down at the idol?

Makes sense to me!

Marina

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

'Do as we say, not as we do' comes to mind.

'Mother' is a law to herself, never depend on her for nourishment or protection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit