Saturday morning field service is a joke

by hoser 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Well it may appear ineffective but there is always the poor bastard who gets suggerd in by SUPERBARGINS. Sadly they have no one to tell them its nothing more than an elaborate hoax. I spotted them as a witness they had the T.V svivel hoop in the kitchen, and the magic duster ect ect. They were a dead cert for a bible study.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "Saturday morning field service is a joke."

Like almost every one here has said, it kinda always has been.

You just needed some away-time from it to see it objectively.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

But are the people really not at home? I heard this experience about one JW who was knocking on the doors in a neighborhood. After 1 hr of writing down "Not at Homes" on a slip of paper, a car alarm in the neighborhood went off. Then, to his surprise, everyone that was marked down as not home, looked out of their doors to investigate if it was their car alarm. When he saw that, he just crumpled the paper, threw it away, and considered that everyone was home and the Territory was worked.

The RVs are home. They just are playing Hide and Seek.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

There's no way to tell how much I dreaded and hated field service. Or how guilty I felt for hating it. Until all the crap happened in our family. Then I thought No way in hell would I invite another person into this bunch of crap org.

The last Sat morning I went out I was in a small truck with a small child and a sister driving and trying to read the map at the same time. She almost wrecked. We stopped at Mcd and the child climbed out with no shoes, into a mud puddle. My knees were hurting, I told her, but when she found her RV home we stood in the dining room for 15 min because we were not asked to sit. She blabbed on and on, I couldn't even listen. I just felt so embarrassed to be bothering this family who were just waiting for the nut cases to leave.

Marina

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Wow - my mind is blown - When did Saturday service start up at 9:45 a.m.????? I remember 9:00 a.m. - I would have loved to get a little more sleep on a Saturday.

I do remember a donut break quite frequently. And those return visit hauls were nice break.,,,,

• Gregor
    Gregor

I avoided houses with big dogs.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just showing up at Starbucks in a suit or dress is a witness!! People will hear God's name!

Bystander #1: "Who are these weirdos?!?! Jeehoobers?!?!"

Bystander #2: " I think so? Jeehoobers?? Hmmm?? What do they believe again??"

Bystander #3: " Nobody knows, not even them. Something about Jeehoober, hoobee,..hobo??"

Barista: " I have a salted caramel mocha and a roasted ham and swiss for Jay Hoober?!?!"

DD

• prologos
    prologos

how is this for contrast? being chased out of town by a gang of crow-bar-wielding opposers in the 50s and

after the 9 a clock Satur day book "study" and the compulsory following 'coffee and cake' break, leaving the house that is the service center at 1045 am to get to the territory. late 90 ies.

now I do not know what happens at the meeting for service.

serves me right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit