London Press Conference on CULTS and UNDUE INFLUENCE - Aug 22, 2014

by Watchtower-Free 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Watchtower-Free
  • disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Interesting stuff. What was the point? I mean that inquisitively not disrespectfully, what was the end product? An article in a newspaper? Magazine?

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

great stuff! how many were there in attendance?

• blondie
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

It was good. Am looking forward to the Q&A.

My personal comment is this to all aawa volunteers: Recognize the signs of undue influence. Those of you who are born-in have gone from the frying pan into the fire. Before you are able to help other people, you need to be aware how undue influence played a role in your lives and how it continues to do so.

• Enzo
    Enzo

John Cedars, has told his story, and I think that the fact he is being rejected by JW's, and especially his father, is the reason why he now wants to demonstrate that indue influence is the cause of this.. But that's his personal story, and every story has two sides...and about undue influence: sure it exists, but not only in Religious movements, these methods are used also in the media. And a lot of organisations... The truth is that between leggitimate influence, and indue influence there is a fine line.. there are a lot of strong scientifical evidence needed to prove it.. And that's the most difficult part in a court.. I am very curious what a sentence of a high court will be by such claims... until that day, I from my part will have my personal opinion on it...

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Enzo the story of Cedars it's the story of hundred, if not thousands of people that left the Watchtower. And because "undue influence" don't exist only in religious organizations that not make it good or permissible.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Enzo: every story has two sides

Or more:

1. His side
    2. Her side
    3. What really happened
  • Enzo
    Enzo

Oubliette: exactly what really happened, and this reality only God knows. Because someone is claiming something, don't means that he is telling the whole truth.. in italian we call this type of persons who beliefs everything: creduloni...

Tj curioso: Leggitimate influence is permissible.. Read my post carefully before making conclusions. i thought that with a university degree you would be better in making conclusions...

• Londo111
    Londo111

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

The 2014 study found that trolls operate as agents of chaos on the Internet, exploiting hot-button issues to make users appear overly emotional or foolish in some manner. If an unfortunate person falls into their trap, trolling intensiļ¬es for further, merciless amusement. This is why novice Internet users are routinely admonished, "Do not feed the trolls!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit