WT for this Sunday...You are My Witnesses

by Legacy 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Recommend a YT upload, "Deception in the Name of Jehovah". (My cut and paste attempts always fail.)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If I am going to deny Jesus, it shall be by denying that thing ever existed at all. No pretense.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments...I just wanted to share .....& again, just trying to make sure I don't drink the kool-aide...I do think at times to leave, but I've made some nice friends....oh they are friends with that have conditional love, but I have still have freinds that are not in the truth, they don't bother me, they still love me like I love them...it gives me a balance...not like the friends in the hall, they are not balanced. One thing I do know what I read in the bible, plus if you are into grammar, you know exactly what the bible says. For some who are not that educated, it goes over their heads....The bible sometimes speaks in 1st 2nd or 3rd tense....so if you were educated in english & grammar at least, the bible is clear as a bell....Now when man interprets it...a sample of this weeks WT & all the societies literature, it is confusing...& done intentionally...you scramble your brain so they can unscramble it....Being a witness is easy & it's for those who want it easy, they don't have to think, the thinking is done for them....I think it was Blondie that posted why are Witnesses victims of scams....They want to belong to something that is elite, where their ears are tickled & where it has a sought of competitive atmosphere...not really out right but enough that if a person has ambitious gene, they fit. I know many that have joined these pyramids.....but they like to have money but be full-time pioneers, want to work part-time for full time pay...I think they are looking for the end so much, they missing the present. I not sure where I'm going to end up, because I'm a thinker, but I do love God/Jesus....Wonder if there is a place of worship that has no doctrine or no rules, just go & hear how we are supposed to be good to our fellow man...Ah...just wondering...Again, thank you all for your comments....Smart bunch here on the site..

Legacy

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I find this interesting in the book Jehovah's Witnesses Proclaimers of God's Kingdom (WTB&TSof Pennsylvania 1993) page 17/18.

'Through the prophet Isaiah, Jehovah issued the challenge: "Who is there among them [the gods of the nations] that can tell this [prophesy accurately]? Let them [as gods] furnish their witnesses, that they may be declared righteous, or let them [the peoples of the nations] hear and say, 'It is the truth!' (Isa. 43:9) Yes, let the gods of the nations furnish witnesses who could testify regarding the prophesy of their gods, "It is the truth!" But none of such gods could produce true witnesses to their godship!'

I find it interesting in regard to some of the information in this thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/281511/1/Major-reversal-for-the-Watchtower-imminent-Countdown-only-5-left

• stirred but not shaken
    stirred but not shaken

Sorry if this is off topic, but instead of copy and paste certain threads (or parts of), how does one "mark" the thread? This particular thread has some points I'd like to have on record. Thanks

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

You just marked it :) , now it is in your post history, alternatively, you could add it to your favorites or bookmarks of your browser.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

And lets not forget the most important message of the NT at Gal 1:6-8

No Other Gospel

6 I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from Him who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another gospel, but there are some who are troubling you and want to change the good news [ a ] about the Messiah. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel other than what we have preached to you, a curse be on him! [ b ]

So the message is about who and what again is the good news???? Oh those JW got another thing wrong, oops..

• stirred but not shaken
    stirred but not shaken

Thanks Wanna, checking history where I've contributed...worked. Great!

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

marked.

• prologos
    prologos

blondie's comment:"-- only JWs are spiritual Israelites--"? not according to the WT writers, only the "anointed remnant" are the Israel of God.

1) Only [spiritual] Israel are Witnesses of Jehovah. Isa 43.

2) Only the remnant are the Israel of God, His Witnesses.

3) the Other sheep are not spritual Isralites

4) Ther are NOT Jehovah's Witneese strictly speaking

5) They are not called witnesses of Jesus either

6) in WT writers opinion the Rankand File are no bodies,

Nobody's witnesses. thanks goodness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit