GB Gerrit Losch and his questionable article in the 7/14 WT study edition!!!

by ADJUSTMENTS 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

In this article Gerrit talks about his father in the first and last paragraphs, what he says about him and his hope for him goes against all that Witnesses have preached about the worldly for the last 100 years... As I recall aren't all the worldly supposed to be destroyed and never have a hope of everlasting life like JW's are, and isn't that the purpose of the preaching work to baptize and warn the worldly of this??? If not why do JWs even preach, or even become JWs in the first place if all have a hope of everlasting life, JW and NON-JW, are they releasing a little hint at new light to come??? Or am I just missing or over analyzing something?

1st paragraph:

As told by Gerrit L ö sch

My father was born in Graz, Austria, in 1899, so he was a youth during World War I. He was conscripted into the German army soon after World War II broke out in 1939. He was killed in 1943 while fighting in Russia. Sadly, that is how I lost my father when I was only about two years old. I never had an opportunity to get to know him, and I very much missed having a father, especially when I realized that most other boys in school had one. Later, as a teenager, I gained comfort from learning about our heavenly Father, a super ior Father who cannot die. — Hab.1:12.

Last paragraph:

Reflecting on the Past and Looking to the Future

The times when I served as a waiter in a hotel are long gone. Now I enjoy the privilege of participating in preparing and dispen sing spiritual food to our worldwide brother- hood. (Matt.24:45-47) Looking back over more than 50 years in special full-time service, I can only express my deep appreciation and joy for Jeho- vah ’ s blessing upon our worldwide brotherhood. I love to attend our international conventions, where emphasis is put on learning about our heavenly Father, Jehovah, and Bible truth.

I pray that millions more of mankind will study the Bible, accept the truth, and serve Jehovah unitedly with our worldwide Chris tian brotherhood. (1 Pet. 2:17; ftn.) I also look forward to observing from heaven the earthly resurrection and, at last, finding my physical father. I hope that he, my mother, and other dear relatives will all want to worship Jehovah in Paradise.

I guess Gerritt is going to use the nepotism card with God, to get his war mongering unbaptized father into paradise...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, ADJUSTMENTS, for posting this.

During last week's WT study, I looked at the article and was taken by the comment below:

"I also look forward to observing from heaven the earthly resurrection and, at last, finding my physical father."

I will not say how I "was taken." While not taking issue with his sincerity, nevertheless, I puzzled over his declared assurance of the 3 words in bold face.

CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

BTW: 'There is to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous (those heretofore unacquainted with God's will).'

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

Compound complex great points!

I thought the WBATS last taught we will no longer have a remembrance of those we lost in this system, ie deceased marriage mates or thisevwho were not dedicated witnesses, so I guess since Gerritt is of the "anointed" he bypasses this little aspect. Also to your last point I guess we are to believe his father, along with his mother and other relatives never heard of the great WBATS and the bible students (Gods will) at the time of there deaths, so heretofore is spared death by destruction?

Its all so mind numbing...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I thought the WBATS last taught we will no longer have a remembrance of those we lost in this system, ie deceased marriage mates or thisevwho were not dedicated witnesses

I don't think that's quite what they mean. It's more to do with bad, painful stuff that will be forgotten (Isa. 65:17; Rev. 21:4). If there is no remembrance of the past (e.g. our relationships), how would any resurrected family and friends be able to recognize each other?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Hey guys, quit trying to make sense out of nonsense.

It's all bullshit.

• GMahler
    GMahler

ADJUSTMENTS-

It has always been my understanding that all those who die before the great tribulation and have little to no knowledge of JW doctrine will be resurrected so that they have the opportunity to learn and convert during the thousand year reign. It's at the end of the thousand year reign that they, along with all the others who survived the great tribulation, will be tested when Satan is released. If they pass that test, then they will go on to live eternal life in paradise.

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

GMahler Thank you!

I can't believe I used to believe all this...

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

This is all a very nice fantasy, but 'living forever' is just a pipe dream. We are no more 'immortal' than a tree, a bird or a dog. They live for a while, experience life, and then they die and are gone forever. The same goes for humans. I guess a large percentage of people cannot face this reality so they use Magical Thinking to dream up stories about living 'forever' in Paradise. This has been going on at least since Ancient Egyptian times, but the names and faces of the 'gods' change depending on the culture at the time. So quit worrying about what happens when you die. Life your life to the fullest NOW.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

BTW: 'There is to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous (those heretofore unacquainted with God's will).'

Then that can include just about anyone and everyone as no one at all knows what God's will is. What we think God's will is entirely based upon heresay and simply the words and opinion of another person. That is not knowing God's will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit