My JW mom is now willing to "listen" to our side...Need advice pls

by 2pink 56 Replies latest jw friends

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Psalm 146:3

Ask her if she believes it. When she answers "yes, of course".......ask her why she obeys 7 men in NY no matter what they say or do

Keep it very simple....and don't answer anything for her..........let her brain churn

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

All those are trivialities.

No of any church that teaches the Truth about God, Christ, spirit, Kingdom, Death, Resurrection, etc?

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

DocHouse even you have had to heard at least a little poison is dangerous talks that JWs love to give. None or trivialities actually. It is only trivial if you must believe they have the truth no matter what people say. After all I have brought up before. Who was right about about the organization in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s, the apostates were. Who was right when the defected from Rutherford? The apostates. If you stayed you started preaching about the end coming in 1925. If you left, you didn't get caught up in any of it.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

2pink, any news about Your Mum?

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

There are a lot of great points. My only advice is to only give one or two points right now and you can do more later. Her brain will shut down if you give her too much to think about. Also you can go on JWfacts.com for some great information because he has so many great points that you can use. I hope it all goes well for you. Your Mom just might wake up since she is willing to listen. We were in our late 50's when we woke up so it is never too late for anyone who is still breathing!

• jonza
    jonza

Get her to read about the FDS:

Then to skim over Matthew 25 to get context for this, get her to idenitify that it's a list of parabels.
    Then get her to read Luke 12:35-48 and get her to admit it's also taking about the faithful and descreet slave. Then point out what Peter calls it in Luke 12:41

Ask why a whole religion is based on a parabel? and that it's not a prophecy of any kind.

Also, based on this, why do you have to give total obeydiance to them?

• scary21
    scary21

Good points. Love this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit