Who Owns the Copyright to Crisis of Conscience?

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Recently there was a thread where someone asked if there was a copy of Crisis of Conscience they could purchase.

Raymond Franz it seems had limited resources yet he was able to provide Crisis of Conscience in printed form to what? thousands? My late wife being one who purchased a copy.

Who owns the copyright to Crisis of Conscience and why is its availability in printed form so limited making it too expensive for many who would like a copy?

Frank

• Watchtower-Free
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Beautiful!

Thanks Watchtower-Free.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Crisis of Conscience is an important work that should be shared in printed form with as many as possible. Why is his book not available in printed form?

I know brothers who would read it if I personally gave them a copy.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I think perhaps we should band together and put this book back in print. I have no idea how to actually do such a thing, but I will contribute to the cause if one of you does know and is willing.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Maybe Simon could purchase those rights.
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    I believe his widow recently died and a large number of boxes the books were found among her things, and were made available online. It is available for download, both at a cost and free.
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    The books in print are too few and too expensive for many. To whom did she leave copyright rights is the question. Rays books must be reprinted and allowed to flood the JW market.
  • Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y
    I don't think Cynthia left the rights to anyone. And Commentary Press was created for the sole purpose of printing COC. Am I right?
  • oppostate
    oppostate

Does anyone know the young Russian's name, who was helpful to Ray in running the web site and book orders?

He could provide some ideas about getting info for republishing CoC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit