Are we starting to treat DF people differently?

by Quarterback 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Oh no, the change could be a requirement that even disfellowshipped individuals MUST turn in their time each month.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If I had been shunned for years and my family then came over cooing "We can talk to you now, isn't that a blessing? Where are our grandchildren so we can take them out and put shit into their little heads" I would tell them to go **** themselves.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

I maintain my position that DFing and Shunning will soon be discontinued. Impossible??? Nobody thought the Soviet Union would collapse either, nor that the Berlin Wall would be torn down, before it happened. One thing I have learned in my 65 years is to NEVER say 'never'. Many times over the years, I have predicted that 'impossible' things would occur, and eventually my predictions proved correct. I can certainly be wrong, but let's just wait and see what happens in the next year or two.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

personally i think theyll adjust the blood doctrine before shunning. its simply too powerful of a tool and way too dangerous for the average jw to have contact with mentally deseased people

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Navytown, I am hopeful of this too. Let's hope that this injustice gets corrected

• Paris
    Paris

Shunning is even practiced on this site. People get banned and its permanent. And their offenses can be minor or momentary. And you cannot contact them by messaging. So isn't that like disfellowshipping ? Just saying, it seems weird to me.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Disfellowshipping policy will never change.....

Then again, perhaps it could be altered to this:

If you commit a sin, find an animal and sacrifice it on a big bonfire somewhere, then cover yourself with ashes, then kill a dove or two, then all will be magically forgiven!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I think you will find stuckinarut, that the modern word for that "bonfire" with animal carcass on top

would be barbeque.

Can I get you a beer?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Thanks sparrowdown....

Maybe Kingdom Halls could now be built with an alter out back....alongside the 'stoning pit'?

• steve2
    steve2

NAVYTOWN, could you list the 'impossible things' you predicted the organization would do that it subsequently did?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit