Who Pays The Ferryman....?

by hillary_step 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowisee
    nowisee

thanks for the hugs and understanding, waiting. i have been weepy over this all evening.

it is true what you said. my dad knew personally several members of gb. he worked his tail off for them (jehovah). when some very deep questions arose over a particular flip-flop in doctrine none of them would give him the courtesy of a meeting for discussion. they told him point blank not to ask any questions. when he said he could not conscientiously preach this from the platform, but that he would not preach against it (he would just go around it) they removed him from his position and threatened to df him. this had a domino effect in my family, beginning a series of devastating events.

so yes, i will add my thanks once again, to simon and angharad. they put up with a lot, i am sure it is a thankless task at times; hopefully the scales tip on the reward side when they realize that they actually may save lives, or at least sanity for some.

best wishes, nowisee

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

well put in almost poetic verse. I am keeping this one on file, to study and make my own. we need more soldier's like you.

• shamus
    shamus

I, too, just printed this out. Hillary, incredible insight! Those bastards on the GB should be thrown in jail... the hypocrosy goes on, though. And on... and on...

• avengers
    avengers

HS:

Excellent!

Makes me want to translate it into the local language and send it to certain newspapers.
    People don't get to read articles of this quality very often.
    When time allows me I will give it a shot.
    Thanks for the incentive.

Andy

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

This is an excellent post in my opinion showing how foolish it is to die needlessly. What is also of interest is what the author of this essay states about "conscience" and coercion.

Interestingly, the consciences of people from different religious backgrounds dictate to them different moral stances and dos and don?ts. Hence, it can be concluded that a "conscience" is conditioned and it truly does not necessarily represent the individual's basic desire not to harm others by his actions, but it can be altered by what a person is taught or coerced to believe. So actually, the term "Bible TRAINED conscience" indicates this, namely that an individual has a conscience which is based on what he has been trained to believe what the Bible means, and this shows that a JW's sense of what is good and bad is dictated to him from what the Bible is believed to mean and any point in time. The problem is of course when a conscience foolishly dictates to a person to die needlessly because of a belief. In my opinion, a pure conscience is simple indicating to a person that his actions should never cause any harm to others. Not causing harm to others is what a "normal" human conscience will dictate to any sane individual, without the intrusion of religious training .

What the author of this post fails to do, is to vilify governemnt that have murdered jw's, the blacks, the Jews, and other groups even in the USA. Caesars law my friend does not stand still and that ferryman will not get paid because the Courts have discharged the debt.

What the WTS has also made many poor suckers see, is how religion has murdered millions, the Moslems , the Jews, the Christians...have murdered in the name of God. and what the WTS has also made patriotic idiots realize is the foolishness of becoming a political pawn and many jws did not have to die needlessly in a battlefield or put in the position where they would have to obey an order and murder innocent civilians in wars such as Vietnam, and when many American soldier returned from nam serving their country trusting the government, were craftily exposed to agent orange or who knows what, believing in the governments care for their safety. (on one side the gov murders conscientious objectors jw's or puts them in harms way, on the other side they needlessly murder trusting soldiers exposing them to radiation, agent orange and who knows what) and when returning were spit on the face by Americans opposing the war. The WTS have shown the hypocrisy of "Christian" religious structures that fear the powers and advocate the killing or actually kill fellow "Christians" in national wars The WTS has exposed religion to be a bunch of excrement. I say this respectfully. The WT through out the years has been an expository of Religion and Politics and Science. AIDS!!!!! infected blood transfusion anyone? how about Hepatitis infected? How many people have been infected from blood transfusions? I know some. Asbestos, tobacco, drugs causing genetic defects,.... - until new scientific light- ... Problem is they knew all along. That ferryman never gets paid sir.

What the WT has alerted people to, is to the fallacies that people have trusted in. Medical science is not God and does not perform miracles. Although the benefits of treatments out weigh the risks, there are risks; and a person needs to be aware of all of the facts to make the choice he wishes, but not coerced. Personally, I respect and carefully trust medical counsel. I believe in the eficacy of modern medicine, but I want to be free to decide and not forced accept a cure that I may believe is worse than the pathos.

The state looks out for the law and not the individual. Religion is being shown to be fallacious ritualistic nonsense for the most part and money extractors. True, religions help peeople philanthropically, but you cant trust religion for direction because Religion is enveloped with rituals and doctrines, coercing individuals as this author states,

The WT fearlessly vilified those who have are guilty of shedding innocent blood namely the state, religion, and the greedy which exist with a facade of nobleness. Churches have not publishednor mad their parisioners aware of this. Don?t' solely blame the WTS because loyal believers are murdered by the state or by crafty religious opposers using the state to do their murdering for them . Vilify the real villains who actually kill the jws. Also, put things in their proper perspective; a person that suicides has mental problems. People are fired from the job, divorced, and so on, but that is no reason to suicid and blame the other party for the suicide or to blame the WTS for a df who suicides

Medical science has killed and harmed a lot of people. Will the ferryman collect on that one.?

The information I posted is only my viewpoint. Do not take me out of context. My point is that the WT should not be blamed for crimes committed against jws, and to look at things objectively. I do not wish with my remarks to advocate anything. I just wish to express my viewpoint on the information you posted ,wanting everyone to see things objectively. In hindsight, it was foolish for people to choose to die needlessly because of WT, or any policy; and it is foolish for anyone to choose to die now given the opportunity to live using safe and effective medicine. It would be foolish to choose die because of a teaching.

This is one of the greatest boards on the net, and interestingly founded by jws and posts are by jw fellowsheep or thisfellowshieeepped jws.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

bttt for minimus. He's been missing this thread.

Excellent.

• franklin J
    franklin J

good post Hilary....

...Are there Nazis in Brooklyn?

..and just WHAT is the difference in the 2 fascists beliefs?

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hands down this is one of the best!

Yes HS was poster of the year back in 2002, funny how times change

(and THAT was just a dry joke)

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I really must add my voice in praise of this thread. I have also printed it out and am debating whether to send it to my family who are still "in" the Tower. I'll let you all know if I do or not...........

Terri

• shotgun
    shotgun

Fantastic post HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit