Ten Commandments

by EA916 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EA916
    EA916
    Slavery was to protect people from other nations. I already gave my response. It is very simple to understand :)
  • EA916
    EA916
    Like I said, back in those times, if someone from another tribe, or even within Israel, didn't have a home, or needed money, or of any necessity, they would offer to work for a home, food, etc. How is this not moral? The Bible does not teach slavery the way many people think of it now and days. It was totally different back then, and I gave many Bible texts to prove my point.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I'm surprised no one has posted this clip yet!

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjhFlI6-ZBI

• stuckinarut2
  • EA916
    EA916
    Haha thanks for the laugh :)
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    According to Old Testament law, anyone caught selling another person into slavery was to be executed

Bullshit. Fathers could sell their children into slavery, they could buy and sell foreigners and slaves could be beaten brutally as long as they didn't die within a day or two.

I have to admit, either you are the biggest liar/idiot about the Bible I have ever seen or the most magnificent troll.

At first glance, it would appear as if God is condoning the beating of the slave, but let's read this carefully. First, we see that this verse in no way CONDONES beating a slave.

Bullshit. If God says they can do it, that's condoning it. Don't waffle, be worm, trying to squirm out of this. Glory, back, glow with pride the violence your God wished and brought to the people.

So, obviously, slavery during Old Testament times was not what we commonly recognize as slavery, such as that practiced in the 17th century Americas, when Africans were captured and forcibly brought to work on plantations.

Bullshit. They captured slaves in war and routinely bought and sold them, beat them, had sex with them. Be glorious is the power your god exercised of people. Don't shrink from it like a wilting flower.

So, although there are rules about slavery in the Bible, those rules exist to protect the slave.

You know what would protect them more? NOT ALLOWING SLAVERY.

You are a sickening Christian. You defend the god of the OT, trying to lie and weasel out of his gross crimes and horrible things. Sure, there was slavery, but it wasn't like slavery slavery. And rape was, you know, rape, not like rape rape. You excuse God for every bad thing he did while trying to pretend that somehow it was love. Murder. Rape. Genocide. Abortion. That's what you call love.

You worship and defend a capricious, petty, moral monster who would be guilty of warcrimes were he an actual person. Own that. You want the good part you think come with God, you are sure as hell going to get the bad.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    The Ten Commandments say nothing about stoning, they have no punishments.

First of all, you're incorrect; the Ten Commandments do have punishments. It just appears you've chosen not to continue reading to the part where they are outlined.

Secondly, a commandment, law, or rule which has no consequence when broken is completely useless. This is not a commandment without punishment, it's just a suggestion. The events in ancient Israel which took place when these commandments were violated prove you completely wrong and possibly even deranged.

and finally, regardless of whether you choose to read the punishments or not they exist. If you plan out and accomplish a murder in today's society you will not be excused because you didn't know there were punishments. Therefore if your God is real, and if the Ten Commandments should be followed, then you are going to be stoned to death someday or otherwise killed by your loving God.

This is the reality of your proposition, and there is nothing you can do to change it.

• DJS
    DJS

EA916,

You came on here to narcissistically preach and show your amazingness in all things scripture. You are getting your ass handed to you and that will continue. Resistance is futile. You really don't know anything about what you are saying - it is just simpleton x-tian spin you heard in church or some preacher say, without seriously analyzing what it is they are saying. You just swallowed it all - just like we all did for so long.

From the bible:

"However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way." (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

"If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever." (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment." (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

You can't spin this shit. All of your 'rationale' is pure BS. Viviane, Jonathan and the others will continue to make you look like what you are - an egotistical, narcissist who thinks that repeating platitudes and spin nonsense will somehow reach anyone. Your god and his son are moral monsters.

• pixel
    pixel

You are getting your ass handed to you and that will continue. Resistance is futile.

This just made me LMAO!

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Look up "George Carlin 10 commandments" and watch.

I tend to agree with it.

SL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit