Watchtower transformation to JW.org - step by step TTATT recap

by 4thgen 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Viodot: how about: A cunning and calculated plan, brought on by desperate survivalism. ????

Also, we forgot to mention the cartoon ministry.....

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm sure every one of the items listed has a perfectly logical JW explaination as to why they came about. Most of them make complete sense from a business standpoint if you don't suspect an ulterior motive. (and I'm pretty sure there is one)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Why not hype a product more when there is so much information out in the public that shows its nothing but false misleading bullshit.

The WTS. now in some sense is in a media public war, trying to contravene opposing and damaging information.

Take a look whats on You Tube for example.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Agree. The changes have been swift. I can't wait to see what the next year is going to bring. What are things going to be like in JWdom at this time next year?

This ain't the org it was when I got baptized.

• millie210
    millie210

Boy is that ever true!

I remember in years past thinking "yes were tough on issues but we really stand for something!"

Where I first felt the shifting sand was elders just seeming to be a law unto themselves.

Then, C.O.s that didnt seem to have as much "oomph", meanwhile the number of DFd people just going up and up and up.

In addition, the quality and depth of the literature started to go down down down

By the time the Pherrell Williams dancing on the stage routine hit I was beyond surprise - ALMOST.

Now, I think there is nothing left that would surprise me. Finally.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Agreed. I like how they did away with "district conventions" in favor of "regional conventions"

I am sure this has been stated before but I believe that the change in language has more to do with the deleting the DO branch of management.

The DO's were in charge of District Conventions before but that led to a paper trail linking them to the GB.Calling them regional helps to cut that paper trail and therfore legal liability issues.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

4thgen - "How about a cunning and calculated plan, brought on by desperate survivalism?"

Natural cunning? Sure.

The WTS has evolved like any other social organism, and cunning - as a trait - has evolved naturally in countless species.

x

Desperation, however, does not encourage calculation; in fact, it practically shuts down the higher thought process that make calculation possible.

x

Frantically throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks can still produce a similar result, though...

...particularly if you forget to look at the mess piled up at the foot of the wall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit