Your body is your PRIMARY TEACHER (a God-appointed channel is nowhere in the picture)

by Pinku 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pinku
    Pinku

Balance is the natural state of your body and is maintained by moderation in your habits such as sleep, work, eating, entertainment and thinking. (Mathew7:12; 5:13-16; Proverbs 25:16, 27; 1 Cor 6:12; 8:9; Philippians 4:5) Your body sends signs of distress when you cross the limit.

This is true even in subtler areas too. Contrary to the popular notion that happiness or peace come from accumulating things, body teaches it comes from renunciation. For example, sleep embraces you when you renounce all your thoughts of possessions. (Compare Mathew 5:3) You experience a better vision when you use your lens after giving it a thorough cleansing. Similarly, you will experience a better life when you switch over to operating from the real you (the inner self), not from the artificial outer self (an ego-based consciousness) pandering to tendencies of self-absorption (a sense of my, my, my …. which is actually a self-imposed bondage). In this cleansed state, you are beyond judgment and criticism (either of yours or others) and at a place of greater love, acceptance and self-respect, and you are no longer adversely affected by events and circumstances inside or outside of you. You have become a silent and compassionate witness of yourself and others. You are now able to apply yourself 100% in whatever you do—thus anything you do becomes an entertainment to you (plus it brings better results too).

This brings to life the grandeur that is yours! (Mathew 5:48; Colossians 3:23) Perfection means being stripped of ego! Interestingly, the above principle could easily be discerned from the experience (own or of others). Hence a God-appointed channel to guide people to spirituality is superfluous. This means Mathew 24:45 is only an illustration (just like other illustrations that follow such as Ten Virgins, Talents, Sheep & Goats ….) designed to highlight individual preparedness!

• designs
    designs

So you Christians really don't need Jesus....

• jgnat
    jgnat

So this new teaching makes you deaf, eh?

• cofty
    cofty

Gibberish

• Honesty
    Honesty

Asinine

• sparky1
    sparky1

Delusion at its finest.

• sunny23
    sunny23

Pinku: If you take out all the scriptures you sound EXACTLY like atheist zen teachers and yogis! The mental transformations you are talking about don't require a God. There are at minimum 1billion people who don't believe in a God, 360million are buddhist and follow your exact non-biblical words in your OP here. Many Christians attain a level of mental clarity and enlightenment from some scriptures however most JW's I know including my younger brother have developed EGO's the size of Texas from WT propaganda and inter-congregation competition for privilages. Supression of ego is more easily done without dogmatic doctrine.

Pinku: I hope you actually read responses to your posts. If you follow your own advice you would be open-minded enough to do so without judgment of others words and without attachment to them correct?

• Pinku
    Pinku

What I wrote is actually a life-summary of my neighbor who was also the Head-master in the school. He died last year at the age of 92. He used to say:

The very fact that God has done nothing to systematize the conflicted religions throughout the millennia shows that they don’t belong to Him, and He doesn’t want our worship. And what He has done is more than enough for us to lead a good life:

1) He has given us a conscience to know what is right and wrong.

2) He has given us three major principles through His creation. For example, take any fruit-bearing tree. It is actually an interplay of truth (or eternity) and transience—memory of all future generations of that particular tree remains protected in the memory of its seed, hence there is something like a substratum in the seed that can be called TRUTH. Tree clothes its seed with sweet, nutritious flesh which teaches us BENEVOLENCE, and tree presents the fruit in appealing colors which teaches us BEAUTY. Hence Socrates taught: Whatever you speak, speak only the TRUTH, convey it if it is only BENEFICIAL to the listener, and convey it only if you can do it in a most pleasant manner (or with BEAUTY).

3) My neighbor was also a gardener and was eating mostly what he himself cultivated in his farm. His life-style of BALANCE gave him a distress-free life. He never went to a hospital in all his life.

He has two children. His son did not copy him and lives a wasteful life. But his daughter joined a Missionaries of Charity, and is a nun.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

2 Timothy says that the bible will fully equip a man and Jesus said if you have love for your enemy your perfect like god. So I'm like god most of the time and have the bible when I need it so I am all good, no religion needed...

• millie210
    millie210

I read the original post much differently than some of you I guess?

I thought what Pinku was trying to impart was that we dont need an organized religion to guide us.

That we have an inate wisdom to tell us.

To eat well. To sleep enough. To release all the drama.

I thought the tie in with scriptures was just to show that the best stuff in the Bible is STILL just backing up what common sense says.

That is what I got when I read the OP.

It reminds me of that saying: I guess common sense is not that common anymore!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit