Child with brain tumour taken from UK hospital by JW parents

by Fe2O3Girl 67 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I think you may be right AnnOMaly. The person I spoke with has been in daily face to face contact with the parents and family through the entire ordeal, visiting at the hospital, caring for the siblings etc. It seems this action was a total surprise and completely unexpected. The parents are under immense strain and whilst it is easy to look at the situation from afar and wonder what the hell they are doing, it simply seems the overwhelming stress of the situation is clouding their judgement.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Double posted this in News Section. Sorry for the rant.

I am so angry, I am shaking.

I hope his parents are arrested and charged with attempted murder. It's totally evil what they have done.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

It is on Yahoo News, where it mentions them "possibly being JW's."

• clarity
    clarity

When I hear of lives being 'altered' in an awful way,

I am beginning to think ...aahh....the witnesses again!

Nico ...a big hug, we didn't know..........................

clarity

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

quelly - I completely understand your anger and on the face of it the parents action seems utterly wrong.

I don't know the parents (in fact this morning I didn't even know they were Witnesses) but I do know people that are in the same congregation in Portsmouth and have been very, very close to this situation. Having spoken to one of my friends, it is not at all clear why the parents have removed the boy from the care of the hospital but it is not a clear cut situation where all the facts have been made public. They are described as a very close and loving family but the situation with their son has put immense strain on the parents. I don't believe they are acting rationally and I also believe there are some factors associated with the boy's condition that may have triggered this action.

I just hope that the family can be found and the child and his parents can all get the support and care they need ASAP.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

did i miss why they took him out?

• cofty
    cofty

The police are wanting avoid speculating about motive until the boy is found. There is no doubt they are a JW family.

It is a lead story on all UK news bulletins today. Time is running out. Following a brain operation 7 days ago Ashya is fed through a tube, the system is powered by a battery which will need to be replaced today.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

sowhatnow - it's not clear what the motivation is. My understanding from talking to someone who has been very close to the situation is that, to best of their knowledge, the child was not subject to a court order nor was blood a factor.

The parents' action is a a surprise to those in the congregation and their intentions are not known. The reports on the BBC reflect this. The police are keeping an open mind and there is nothing to suggest a direct link between the parents' being Witnesses and their actions.

The big concern now is that the child has a feeding system that requires batteries. They believe the batteries will have run out in the last hour. Without proper feeding his condition will deteriorate quickly. It may be that the parents can recharge the battery or have spares but this is not known.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I can't reach them. I've spoken to the police and given them as many pointers as I can and also suggested which congregations might have the most recent contact details.

Sadly, Brett and Nagmheh moved very quickly to the 'fanatical' end of the JW spectrum and stuck there. I don't know why they've done this and I'm not inclined to speculate without facts but I know that they are devoted and loving parents.

Unfortunately, even very good people can make awful decisions . . .

• bigmac
    bigmac

yes --its been the main story on the ITV meridian news. the presenter said they are JW's. one has to ponder if they had been church of england members whether their religion would have been mentioned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit