Hello JWN family!

by crazyhorse 15 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyhorse
    crazyhorse

Hello JWN! Im a 22 yr active JW and I recently realized the truth about the truth. Im from an african country where most people dont think critically and just accept things as they are without questioning. I am a born-in, JW and was also a mindless drone till my time in college. Now I see why they hammer on the higher education thing. All along from childhood I had doubts but suppressed them with: "We are the only ones who preach and light gets brighter and all that stuff..... .But during university I found myself asking lots of questions and I prayed to God to let me serve him with my heart not because I have been told to. All what I have seen with my eyes in the org has proven otherwise from what they claim to be. I am fatherless and the elders have no clue how to provide fatherly love. All they care about is how many hours you put in and what " spiritual goals" you had and how the WT can make use of you. I was surprised only those outside the org were able to show me genuine love and affection. All the hypocrisy, lack of love, fakeness, seeking attention, a**-kissing, politics, double standards, flip flopping doctrines, thought-stopping techniques, and shallowness of elders and MSs have shown me this org is not directed by any holy spirit as they claim. I couldnt believe it when I realized the sheer amount of control I and other JWs are under. One elder even told me He has to be loyal to the governing body. Ugh that was stupid. "They don't even know him to know you". I then realized how the GB has equated themselves with God. What a Shame. I have a lot to write but I don't want to bore you.....bottom line: I'm glad I've awaken and I have an enormous amount of peace in me without fear and guilt. I'm thankful to the numerous websites like this one that have validated my doubts. For now i have to stay in cos the cost of leaving is too big for me to carry. My whole family is strongly in it and there is no way I can convince even one of them of the illusion theyre under. I'll wait till I leave the country or I become very independent PS: any other person from an African country here?

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

I am from South Africa -

I am guessing that your are too !?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi crazyhorse and welcome.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Welcome, crazyhorse, congrats on learning TTATT before you wasted too much time in the religion. I strongly agree with your plan to keep quiet until you have your independence.

Im from an african country where most people dont think critically and just accept things as they are without questioning.

I'm from an American country where people are the same It's human nature, unfortunately.

• outforever
    outforever

I am from South Africa - Durban

Afrikanman think you from Joburg? or is it Pretoria?

Which part of Africa are you from Crazyhorse? see you said you will wait till you leave the country?

Welcome anyway - you have quite a few years "in" hope you can cope.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Wow, you seem to be really discerning and insightful for a 22-yr-old. What you described is exactly how it is in the U.S. among JWs, so I understand.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Welcome! This is the start of your journey to freedom if you are willing to pay the price.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Was in Gauteng but now in Stormers country - Cape Town - Hey shoo wow !

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Make the most of your time st university and get out of the cult as soon as you can, there is a whole world out there for you to explore.

Lisa

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Welcome to this site. Yes I am also a born-in and woke up 6 years ago. I am now 60 years old. Keep searching and take your time in learning the TATT. You will find many things you thought was true are not and how the Wt. is really no diffrent than many other reglions. Thank you for your story and no I do not live in Africa I live in the U.S. Use that education to help yourself and others. Take care. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit