PRESS RELEASE 5-23-02

by silentlambs 30 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

First Candlelight Vigil for Jehovah's Witness Child Rape Victims

Church Leaders Move to Crush Support Group For Abused

Advocates Provide Proof the Problem Exists

WHAT:
    At a news conference, at least six Jehovah’s Witness child rape victims along with advocates from across the U. S. will speak about how children are being hurt. Later that day there will be a candle light vigil for abuse victims around the world.

WHEN:
    Friday, May 24, Press conference-10 a.m. candle light vigil- 5:30 p.m.

WHO:
    William H, Bowen, a former elder and the founder of “silentlambs” a support group for Jehovah’s Witness abuse victims. Barbara Anderson a former researcher for the organization’s Writing Department, co-founder of “silentlambs” and also abuse victims from several States.

WHERE:
    10 a.m.-Benton County Courthouse on the town square.
    5:30 p.m. -Draffenville Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses, 86 Foust-Sledd Road off of 68 Highway.

DETAILS:
    In expectation of an NBC Dateline investigative report to be aired on May 28th, the organization silentlambs will be holding their first candlelight vigil for Jehovah’s Witness
    victims of child molestation. Child rape victims and advocates are coming from California, Florida, Illinois, Ohio, Louisiana, Tennessee and other States as well as local supporters in western Kentucky.

Requests for over three hundred candles to be burned have been sent from Jehovah’s Witness victims around the world along with comments to be read to those in attendance.
    There also will be a map to be filed in by those in attendance that will pinpoint the location of victims who have reported being hurt by Jehovah’s Witnesses Policy on child molestation.
    The group will be a living testament to the massive problem of child molestation within the
    Brooklyn-based organization of Jehovah's Witnesses that leadership has yet to acknowledge even exists.

Later that evening at 7:30 p.m. William H. Bowen will be the fourth Jehovah’s Witness who appeared on Dateline to be summoned to judicial hearings in the last two weeks to face disfellowshipping for speaking out to protect children. Bowen states, “I am sad to see it come to this, but just as the Chinese youth stood for freedom in Tiananmen Square, we stand for children and will not allow this movement to be crushed by headquarters directed excommunication.”

Distribute freely, if you need contact information let me know.

silentalmbs

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Bill, our prayers are with you and all the silent and not so silent lambs.

Sam Beli

PS The entire text of your release has been sent to the local news paper's religious editor

"...religion opposes the commandments of Almighty God." Violence by J. F. Rutherford 1938

• sf
    sf

Get those emails rollin' people.

Mr. Bowen,

My local newspaper told me they do not print 'press releases'.

Since this all broke, nothing, I mean not a single word has been in my paper.

How do I get them to print this and everything else??

Can you help me?

Sincerely, sKally

Too many 'lambs'!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Sf,

Please phone me - you have my number.

I have an alternate route - hehehehehe

hawk

• sf
    sf

Ok hawkaw, I'm logging off right now to phone you (11:05am).

Thanks.

sKally

Too many 'lambs'!

• detective
    detective

Skally,
    newspapers don't print press releases. The idea behind the press release is that the person/group that is seeking press coverage sends a press packet and/or release to a media source and they assign writers to write the story. That is, if they feel the story will be of interest to their audience.

If you really felt motivated, you could buy ad space and try to get your message across that way. Otherwise, you just have to see if eventually media in your area will pick it up. By all means, keep trying!

• FRUSR8TD
    FRUSR8TD

I cut and pasted this in emails to all my local tv and news papers

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF ANY STATIONS IN PARTICULAR THAT WILL BE COVERING THE NEWS CONFRENCE???????

PLEASE POST ANY THAT YOU HEAR OF!!!!!!

btw DON'T FORGET TO TURN ON YOUR CAM CORDERS!!!!!!!

why am I yelling? they just seem so far away.

Life sucks...get a helmet
    [email protected]
  • blindfool
    blindfool

Mr. Bill Bowen,

I'm so sorry I can't attend tomorrow. Please know that you will be in the thoughts and prayers of many of us here at JW.com.

I posted a topic concerning how I see paralells to your work and the "cleansing of the temple" by Jesus.

As Christians we should attempt to live our lives as Jesus would. Read Mark 11&12 and the related Gospels at Matthew 21, Luke 19&20.

These Gospels clearly tell of Jesus showing the Jews how thier practices regarding the temple were wrong. The chief priests and teachers of the law wanted Jesus to die for what he did at the temple.

As we know, the JW leadership wants to silence your organization. If they had the power, they might even want you to die. (A very good argument for seperation of church and state, by the way).

I hope these scriptures will help you in your ongoing work. May the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all tomorrow.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hawk please email me at [email protected]. I have the exact same problem in CA. I have sent things to five newspapers and they all have the standard line, "Local Relevance?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit