JW.ORG has competition!!

by sparky1 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

Even the Mennonites won't be left behind in having an out of date and hard to use website! This announcement was 2 months ago but still is rather interesting. From mennoniteusa.org:

"We are pleased to announce that a new Mennonite Church USA website will be launched over the weekend of July 5-6! We've designed it in response to feedback from our users (you!), staff and communications consultants."

Can the Mennonite version of Caleb and Sophia be in the works?

• jw07
    jw07

To be honest it looks like crap

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The only logical place to go from here is amish.com (hey, look, it's available!).

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am not sure what a cult thinks that adding a web page changes anything. Sounds like delusional thinking to me.

• berrygerry
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Aren't the Menonites like the Amish? No electricity or 'modern' conveniences? If so, how are they getting internet?

Maybe I'm confused. I think I am now.

-Aude.

• millie210
    millie210

The only logical place to go from here is amish.com (hey, look, it's available!).

The Mennonites, The Amish and Jws?

There has GOT to be a joke in here somewhere!

• Perry
    Perry

The Mennonites have an interesting history being descendants of European believers who did not need the 'services' of the oppressive and apostate Papacy.

There were many, many groups that were consulted by politically connected individuals that helped spawn what we now refer to as the Reformation.

Anabaptists

Albigenses

Hussites (John Huss)

Waldenses

Donatists, etc.

Salvation by Grace Alone Through Faith Alone has a very long history. It is a history that could have saved us all a lot of trouble and kept us out of a cult had we been aware of it.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Hey, Thanks for your post!

Dwain

• steve2
    steve2

The Mennonites recently split off in to Menintights. It was a painful move, shocking in its flagrant audacity and requiring at least a lifetime of soothing physiotherapy. Some have asserted it is a mark of the time of the end...just like every other sign over the past three hundred years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit