Being a SPIRITUAL ATHEIST is a good step!

by Pinku 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pinku
    Pinku

Religions, in general, did not inspire people to be good, because the means they used was illogicality. For example: One religion teaches: ‘Humans became sinners through one man, and would become righteous through another man.’ Why and how? No answer! Another religion teaches: ‘We were in God, then we came here for purification, finally will return to God and be merged with Him.’ Why and how did the souls that were part of God require purification in the first place? No answer! [JWs that appeared on the world scene blaming all religions as being illogical themselves became more illogical than others with their teaching of SOVEREIGNTY ISSUE that reduces Almighty into a beggar—Proverbs 27:11]

If religions are not the option, then next is atheism. There are two types of atheism—materialistic and spiritual. Spiritual Atheism could help the one who practices it and those around him. For example, when you approach your CEO with a suggestion that would ultimately benefit yourself, you feel weak and do not feel good at heart. But when you approach your CEO with a suggestion that would primarily benefit the Company, you feel powerful and do feel good at heart. Hence being good to oneself and others is declared to be true worship. (James 1:27; 2:8)

This well-thought-out position seems to be the view of the greatest INTUITIVE scientist Einstein who said: “I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me that can be called religious, then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. Enough for me the mystery of the eternity of life, and the inkling of the marvelous structure of reality, together with the single-hearted endeavor to comprehend a portion, be it never so tiny, of the reason that manifests itself in nature.”

• millie210
    millie210

Nice post Pinku,

Einstein is so interesting to me whenver he tried to express himself on the topic of God.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

What you describe isn't necessarily "spiritual atheism" just moral atheism.

Also, I'm not sure how that Einstein quote supports your assertions.

Furthermore, I object to your obviously biased use of the false choice between "spiritual" and "materialistic.". One can pursue an evidence based belief system (which would preclude anything "spiritual") without being materialistic.

• Pinku
    Pinku

OneEyedJoe

Here the word spiriual is used as opposed to materialistic, in no way connected to religious connotation. Mterialism as we find today is maximum production and maximum consumption even recklessly using credit card--with no thought for the future (of the planet, nor of the future generation).

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Pinku we have the same stance.. I am an atheist as I do not belive in the god of the bible... but if there is a [nathestic god out there... I won't speculate.... I do believe in dreams, pronminitions and cosmic forces.,,,

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

My point is that you framed it as a (false) choice between the two options of materialistic (which you clearly used in an effort to invoke the negative connotation) and spiritual (which inherently includes the idea of intangible forces on the order of karma, or whatever).

I reject both. I'm an atheist that believes what there is evidence for, and part of that evidence supports the idea that treating others well and looking out for the benefit of the group (I.e. your company vs self analogy) yields the best result for everyone. I treat others in a moral manner because that's the right thing to do, but there is nothing spiritual about that.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I consider myself a spiritual atheist, so that makes sense to me.

To me, being a spiritual atheist means being open to all that is good and positive in the world, seeking to find it in others, seeking to find it within myself being open to possibilities, seeking the sacred in the every day, to appreciate nature in all it's glory.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I'm a woo-woo spiritualist agnostic leaning towards animist. How's that lol?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

LOL...These girls have mastered the art of "woo".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyqv0oWCwYQ

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Religion is a bunch of man made tradition handed down through time that originally derived from ancient scary stories made up by old priests to frighten the people into doing what they ought to have done anyway.

You don't need belief in anything at all remotely connected with religion or theism or atheism to be 'spiritual', moral and ethical.

Throw all the labels away.

You just need to be human. For the most part, we all know what's right from wrong (it's called following your 'conscience') and we know what's needed to live together peacefully and beneficially.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit