You ever notice how personalities change when CO comes around?

by dugout 31 Replies latest jw friends

• dugout
    dugout

isn't it sickning when normaly people in the cong don't even speak to you. But when the CO visits comes they want to shake your hand and even (cringe) hug you? Then as soon as he leaves back to normal. I find now this kind of behavoir very strange and cultish. Is it just Me? Whats it all about

• dugout
    dugout

Oh!! now they encourage You to aux pioneer when his visit comes. No.... im not pioneering when he's not here. No im not pioneering when he's here. I hate fieldservice. Now I know some who don't ( aux Pio) are made to feel guilty whenThey don't turn in a slip.

• sir82
    sir82

I always enjoy how people are suddenly so motivated to go out in service.

On a typical Saturday, there might be 30 or 40 people out in service.

But on the Saturday of the CO visit, suddenly there are 80 or 90.

But of course, that is mere coincidence, right? It has everything to do with the "urgency of the message", and nothing to do with "not wanting to appear to be spiritually weak to everyone else".

• hoser
    hoser

It is because the in crowd at the kingdom hall are all fakes. Most aren't really good at acting interested in you either. Its all a big show to impress the

circuit overseer to maybe get an assembly part or some other "privelege".

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This has been going on for as long as I can remember, way back to the early 1950's. I think there have always been enough hints in WT literature that C.O's are closer to god than us mere Rank and File people.

It was, and I guess still is, viewed as an Inspection, and they do have the power to remove Elders etc. One C.O I met, told me that on his very first Congo. visit on his own, he had done one with another C.O as training I guess, but on his first solo outing he removed a whole Body of Elders !

So I guess the nervousness of Elders, who all know they do not match up to the Borgs ideal, transmits itself to the rest of the Congo.

You always will get brown-nose types in any Organozation, and of course it works, they are the Elders who get to give Talks at Conventions.

An Elder in my Congo said to me of another two Elders that "Bro BN2 was so far up the C.O's arse he could see BN1's feet !"

I noticed a marked "smartening up" of many, Bros getting haircuts, Sisters wearing special clothes, plus the ones who turned out for Field Service, who you hardly saw the rest of the time.

I had enough of that silly hypocrisy, I would never get my haircut till the C.O had gone, and I didn't go out on F.S at the weekend when he was there, waste of time anyway, so disorganized that you only called on afew doors, just to be seen to be out.

Looking back, I am surprised they never removed me as an appointed man at the time, I even forgot one or two of the Meetings for Appointed men with the C.O, genuinely forgot ! but they did not remove me, until I resigned of course.

The whole visit is tainted with Sycophantic nonsense.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The CO always brings out the best hypocrisy in people.

Doc

• losingit
    losingit

Hey!!!! Not everyone wants to show off :-P :-P :-P. LOL

I made a point of going out in service when the CO came around bc I actually BELIEVED he was imparting special spiritual knowledge. One time I did aux pioneer during the month of his visit bc I wanted to go to that special pioneer meeting they kept talking about. I was motivated for spiritual reasons, not bc I was trying to impress anyone.

I stopped being so enthusiastic about the CO visits when I sensed how they showed favoritism. Favoritism is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I went out with the wife of the CO once and all she wanted to do was go to the Korean supermarket. She wasn't interested in sharing anything uplifting with me beyond her own criticism of my decision to go to grad school. When I told my husband what happened he said-- Why would you tell the CO wife about grad school!!! He was upset about it since we knew we would be criticized and looked down upon. I got tired of hiding it as if it were something shameful.

• losingit
    losingit

Youre right, though, about the visit being disorganized. I noticed that after a while and just absolutely HATED going out in service during the visit.

Then when we switched congregations, the freaking PO /COBE DRAGGED his feet every time I wanted to sign up to go out in service with the CO. He just wouldn't put me down until all of the pioneers made their request first. Ugh!! One time myhusband and I even asked for the privilege of hosting a midweek lunch, the PO/COBE REFUSED!!! Geeezzz he was such a freaking JERK. He made me and my husband feel like such tremendous crap. Makes me sad thinking about it.

Once again-- SO GLAD I'M OUT OF THE CULT!!!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

We would haul it out of bed Saturday morning for the CO to count as big of a group as possible. When asked if we needed to be put in a group we said No. We would say hi, chat a bit, then leave and go get breakfast and go home.

Marina

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

On a typical Saturday, there might be 30 or 40 people out in service.

That many? What a zealous congregation you attended

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit