Interesting article on Neanderthals if anyone is interested

by Randomthoughts 14 Replies latest social current

• Randomthoughts
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Thanks for sharing this Randomthoughts.......and welcome to the forum!

The reference to a better way to use radiocarbon dates is also interesting:

"For instance, previous dates of Neanderthal fossils found at Zafarraya in southern Spain suggested they were 33,000 years old, which would mean several thousand years of overlap with modern humans – who were known to have appeared here about 40,000 years ago.

However, the actual dates of the Neanderthal fossils at Zafarraya are more than 47,000 years old, calling into question whether there was any overlap at all with modern humans at this site.

“Previous radiocarbon dates have often underestimated the age of samples because the organic matter was contaminated with modern particles,” Professor Higham said. “We used ultrafiltration methods which purify the extracted collagen from bone, to avoid the risk of modern contamination.”

• Magnum
    Magnum

Yeah, I'm interested. Making a note to read later. Thanks.

• Randomthoughts
    Randomthoughts

Thanks. Yes, the part regarding dating stood out to me also.

• zeb
    zeb

I recall a documentary that found burial sites of Neanderthals. These were in Spain.

The deceased were laid out with ornaments and other items. So definitely not just ape people. The site had material taken and dna was produced and guess what? Different from human dna. So where did they come from?

Further to that. Once as I sat in a shopping car park I saw a flight of 8 ufo go over travelling se to nw into the strong winds and flying in perfect steady 'V' formation. They were conical with the point at the top.

any offers?

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I propoe we are all decended from these fools except the native people of north america.. I think they crossed earlier

• prologos
    prologos

HTBWC. crossed over earlier?

no, if you are a Mormon CoLDS you know that the native people are the 10 lost tribe of Israel that crossed over ca. ~ 700 to 537 BC on sturdy oak vessels.

wow and 47 000 year old traceable Neanderthal DNA in me, before Adam ruined all by listening to his 'talking snake - coached' wife.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As I asked on another thread, how could Adam be "perfect" if he had Neanderthal DNA in him ?

• Comatose
    Comatose

No ransom or living forever for Neanderthals... Discrimination!!!!!

• designs
    designs

Jesus Saves ...Neanderthals to

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit