It's All About Tablets

by metatron 34 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I think it is unlikely that any great number of Witlesses will investigate 'apostacy'. That would require critical thought or logic.

OTOH, I see this as drift towards ever greater superficiality. Eventually, who needs magazines or even meeting attendance? It's all online.

Either way, it's all good.

metatron

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

With the influx of tablet usage, I have to believe that some will arrive at the meeting with a low battery and will race for wall seats near outlets ... a local needs talk will be on the horizon I suspect.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I haven't been to a meeting in a Kingdom Hall in 4 years but last Saturday I attended a JW / civil wedding where most of the guests were JWs and I couldn't believe how many held a tablet to take video and photos of the event. Taking pictures with a tablet is not only ackward but also are usually of poor quality due to the small lens and low resolution. Then I visited my brother and both he and his wife needed help with their tablet and new PC...both devices were loaded with WT propaganda videos and had shortcuts to JW.org. My old 81 year old pioneering mother is talking about getting a tablet too....JW tablet madness I say!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Using my Ipad at the meetings (on this forum) is the ONLY thing that keeps me sane!

If someone walks over to me, a quick change of screen to the meeting information, and all looks good!

And for those who want to show off about how spiritual they are, its so easy to splash heaps of highlighter colour over the paragraphs with an Ipad...others will think that they have prestudied their buts off!

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

I used my iPad before I left 3 yrs ago. I was the only one using one at the KH at the time and it was looked at as being ostentatious. 2 elders even counseled me for using it. I said that if the society made the downloads available, all bets were off. It was just another reason on my long list of reasons to leave. Personally I think they were tired of dealing with my headstrong nature. Funny that I was actually ahead of my time lol. Bet those 2 elders have their own tablets now!!

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

I started using my Lumia tablet in the meetings. Almost everybody has a tablet, even the little kids. I've seen two elders use tablets for the book study and public talks.

• Beautiful Dreamer
    Beautiful Dreamer

I am embarrassed for jehovah. Gadgets and logos and websites. JW's used to be all 19th century!!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

An illustration of some new light about the account of Moses at Mount Sinai, from an upcoming Watchtower lesson:

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Phonographs, placards, tracts, magazines, tablets...

The method of mass-media isn't the issue when you have a century-long skid-mark in your underwear. LOL.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Some of the older ones were complaining about all the tablets here and the brothers using them on stage. After the demo in the KM last week though the elder giving the part said firmly:

"THIS IS THE WAY THE FAITHFUL SLAVE IS GUIDING US AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KEEP UP WITH THEM.... THERE IS THE DOOR."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit