What did you do with old WT/Awake magazines?

by naazira 26 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

SafeAtHome- We were taught that what was in the TRUTH book was, the truth.

How easily they just change things and discard that book like it is nothing. They think there is nothing wrong in telling us we can no longer use that book. Isn't it the truth? Was I taught lies? Then comes the insane old truth, new truth crap.

Amazing isn't it? I was so angry when that elder told me we can't use the Truth book anymore.

And yes, if you did not accept what was in the Truth book back then you were an apostate.

Now, if you ACCEPT what is in it you are an apostate!

• TimothyTr
    TimothyTr

Me and my dad were doing a painting job for a non JW customer once and we ran out of newpaper to cover the windows and plastics. The only thing we had left were Watchtowers. Up they went! Haha! :)

• losingit
    losingit

I threw all of mine out when I was kicked out of my home (had 30 days to pack up all of my belongings and the girls belongings) . I held onto a few magazines about being a good wife and being a good parent. I still thought that the teachings were practical. Haha.

Now,I'm trying to make space for the new baby arriving-- so all magazines, books, ANYTHING were put in recycling. Even all of my notebooks. I did take pictures of them as those notebooks represented my years of dedication to the org and to the hubby. I even found prayers I wrote to Jehovah asking him to be a better more patient long suffering wife and a better more patient mother. Prayers. They were proof, those prayers, of the work love dedication I felt and put forth towards my marriage and husband. I was happy to find them andtook pics of them too.

I'm completely WT literature free today. I do hope a JW knocks on my door, however. I'd like to do what Robert has suggested many times-- take the literature, write jwfacts on it, then hand it back to them. That's whats next on my plan for WT lit.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

We left them at Laundrymats, hospitals,& rest homes. Also at not at homes on the 3rd round or rural homes we only visited one time per year.

Yes while we were in we felt it almost a sin to dump them.

When I first began to understand TTAT I tried dumping a pile of inherited mags. The garbage man refused the recycle can for being too heavy.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

When I stopped worshipping them I filled the pickup truck full of them and dumped them at the landfill. It was so liberating.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Was- lol. I finally had to take it all to the dump myself. Took TWO trips. The springs on my new pick-p truck bottomed out from the weight "those many books...wearysome to the flesh".

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i like books so i still have mine (bound volumes)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit