Video based indoctrination for children

by StarTrekAngel 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Last night at the meeting we watched the "Jehovah will help you be bold" video. Just another piece of propaganda to get children to recruit other children. I was just reading another thread discussing the other video (where they guilt trip kids to give money) and I recalled a something from the video we watched last night. If you have not seen it, the story goes on about the girl who told Namaan to go to the prophet and get cured of his leprosy. In the WT dream based re enactment of what might have gone on in the house of Naaman, the girl attempts to tell other servants in the house that Jehovah could cure him. They all stare angrily at her and they tell her to not speak of the God of Israel. Then they pull out their necklaces our of their robes. Out of this necklaces, they had images of their gods. It struck me odd because they are making an attempt to show how they held their gods so dear that they had images of them hanging from their necks. Yet no one seems to see the irony of wearing the JWdotORG lapel ping. Here is a screenshot from the video

Just another propaganda session to begin creating brand loyalty to kids. I also recalled another interesting video from many years ago, where this food activist talks about the effects of advertising to children. Is about 15 min long but worth the watch. Just replace every mention of a food company with JW or WT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bop3D7-dDM

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Well, it is nothing new. Everyone peddles their thing. In school, they indoctrinate patriotism, holidays stuff, etc.; it is only natural that this Org want to influence everybody across the board, not only the adults.

I know of some adult JWs that do not show these videos to their kids because they are too heavy on their psyche being so small and impressionable. They have openly expressed it that, unless they see it at the KH, they will not let them see it.

Heavy indoctrination like this is what gets mere children wanting to enter such a heavy burden like baptism.

I applaud those type of parents.

SL

• cappytan
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Nice Cap!
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We ( my believing wife and I) both came home from the meeting seething with indignation last night.. The kid's videos are o k as what they are ,although I dislike the message they contain, but they are made for little kiddies, right?

So why subject a congregation of adults to this baby talk? Is that what they can expect now? I really felt my intelligence being insulted .

I am sure this G /Body has lost their marbles .......

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    No. What they are doing is showing that they no longer care about the adults. The future is being forged right now, in the young minds. They know the old ones would not leave easily. Too much invested. Too much dissonance. They know most of the walking out is happening in the younger generations. They are creating brand loyalty. Just like Mrs Lappe said in her videos. Is an investment in futures.
  • pixel
    pixel

WT/GB/FDS are a reactionary corporation. They go where the wind blows.

- Before the internet the were always talking about how bad music is, because that's - what people used to do, or kids get in trouble.

- Later was internet is all bad. Not anymore.

- Now they are into kid's minds, because they know that's where the grow is.

If you pay attention, you will see a pattern in the WT/FDS/GB, they react to what's in vogue.

No substance.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Soon they will say they pioneered, or even invented, the technologies that gave way to the existence of the internet.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Hubby wanted to take the youngest child to see this. His plans were foiled. Thankfully.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I can see a lot of adult dubs liking this being played at the hall because it's something different and out of the ordinary. But soon it will become old news and their apathy will return.

It's fun for kids because the meetings are just so boring to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit