To My Mother

by MrMoe 115 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

DeDe

I will share something real personal...

As a kid I had a Bottle Brush tree outside my bedroom window. That is where I would talk to Janis, my first Mommie. And when a breeze would blow, the blossoms would remind me of the smell my mother had. And every so often I catch a bit of that scent, and it makes me pause and weep a bit inside. Sorry DeDe darling, I surely do know what you mean. Hurting isn't so bad, it just shows you how much you care.

I'm so tired but I can't sleep
    Standin' on the edge of something much too deep
    It's funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word
    We are screaming inside, but we can't be heard

But I will remember you
    Will you remember me?
    Don't let your life pass you by
    Weep not for the memories

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Estee --

My mom was jw when she died. I was disfellowshipped two weeks after she died. The elders sure do have a keen sense of timing and sensitivity about things like death.

I did get her wedding rings, though. She had them hidden in her bedroom. The stepkids would have NEVER found them. I wear her wedding rings all the time, on my right hand. I still feel close to my mom. I visit her grave whenever I am in Selkirk, Manitoba.

Sorry darling. So so very sorry. When I was DF'd my mother refused to shun me. I was later reinstated though, and I did it for her and Dad.

I have Mom's wedding rings, too. I wear them, on my right hand, just like you do.

• Aztec
    Aztec

To Moe, Dede and Estee,

I am very touched by your posts. I am so happy to have my mother alive and with me. Even though she is an active dub member she has never even hinted at shunning me. I can't even begin to describe what an amazing woman she is! Whenever I need anything she is the first person I call. I dread the day she is no longer here.

Moe, what your daughter said is so cute. Children say the cutest things and sometimes they are so right on! (btw if my son had been a girl he would've been named Emma)

Estee, I'm glad you got the rings. My mother has already promised me her turquoise ring and I told her I'd much rather have her.

Dede, It's funny how smells can bring back memories. Whenever I bake I think of my mom and the warm smells in our house when she used to bake.

Much love and warm thoughts for you all,

~Aztec

Edited by - Aztec on 3 January 2003 22:40:57

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Mr.Moe and all:

Geesh! You guys really got to me! I am so sorry to hear of your losses, I too am losing my Mother or I guess I've lost her she just isn't gone yet. She has alzheimers and lymphoma I don't know which is worse to have her die or to know she exists and doesn't really even know my name anymoremy sister had to put our names on the baby pictures so she could read them breaks my heart and I find it hard to even call anymore. I started crying the other day I had found an old card (damn it I am crying now shit) and it had her writing on it something we all take for granted, she can't even write me anymore...funny the things we miss! She loved my daughter so MUCH and I wanted her to be able to enjoy her great grandbaby who looks just like my Mel but she'll never know her. Makes me sick that I judged her so harshly when I was a witness since she wasn't guess we pay in spades huh.

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

(((((Moe)))):

So sorry to hear about your loss. Your Mom sounded like a wonderful person. And she raised a beautiful, caring daughter.

Trot

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Rosebushes remind me of my mom. We lived on a farm and every summer my mom would pick a small bunch of rosebuds . . . . .not the full blooms. . . . .only the rosebuds. Then she would put them in water and the next morning they would open. They were perfect . . . and the scent would fill her bedroom.

I pick wild rosebuds now every summer. When I do, I feel very close to my mom. I feel her presence and I talk to her. And I cry. I look forward to the rose blossoms in summer, because it renews my memories and love for my mom.

Love,

Esther

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit